Final Test: Confronting Vulture

With the aid of Ned Leeds, Spider-Man had then quickly managed to track down Adrian Toomes to an old warehouse. He went inside, using his webbing to glide himself down slowly and discovered computers with information all about Avengers Tower and the Stark Cargo Plane, as well as also finding Vulture's Exo-Suit. While still exploring the warehouse, he eventually found Toomes.

As Spider-Man questioned if Toomes was surprised to see him alive after sending Shocker to kill him outside the school, Toomes had calmly said that he admired Spider-Man's determination, noting that he could see why Liz Toomes liked him. As Spider-Man proceeded to use his Web-Shooters to trap Toomes' hand onto the table as he had then demanded to know why Toomes could do all of this to his family while Toomes replied that he was only doing his crimes for them.

Spider-Man insisted that selling the Chitauri and Ultron weapons on the black market to the criminals like Mac Gargan was wrong, while Toomes countered that men like Tony Stark earned their own fortune with Stark Industries by selling weapons and there was no difference between his crimes and those that Stark had committed. While he had continued talking, Toomes insisted that people like Stark and the rest of the Avengers did not care about working men like them.

As Spider-Man asked why he was telling him this, Toomes revealed that he wanted him to understand his views and could also remotely control his Vulture's Exo-Suit, as his wings seemingly began attacking Spider-Man. He dodged all of the attacks and taunted Toomes only for him to reply that he was not actually aiming for him. The wings smashed through the last supporting beam of the warehouse and debris collapsed upon Spider-Man. Vulture had then put on his suit and left him to die underneath the rubble.

Beneath the rubble, Peter awoke and discovered that he was now trapped between two large pieces of debris. Unable to move and barely able to breathe, he attempted to free himself by mustering all of his strength, and when this failed, the now terrified Parker then desperately cried for someone to help him, only for his plea for help going unanswered, leaving him alone. Struggling and in pain, Peter spotted his Spider-Man Mask in the water and his own reflection.

Seeing his reflection and remembering Tony's previous words to him following the Ambush at the Staten Island Ferry, Parker had begun to finally understand what his mentor meant when he took the Spider-Man Suit away from him. With or without the suit, he was the Spider-Man. Encouraged by this realization, Spider-Man regained his resolve and began to painfully push all the rubble off of him. Finally, he broke free of his entrapment and determinedly pursued Vulture.