Hero of New York: Rejecting the Avengers

Peter was then brought to the New Avengers Facility where he marveled at all of the advanced technology that the facility possessed, watching as a Quinjet took off from their grounds. There, Happy Hogan brought him to meet with his mentor who was waiting for him, with Tony then requesting a private talk with him, only for Happy to still insisting on staying close by them regardless.

As they then began walking together, Tony had apologized for taking away Peter's Spider-Man Suit though added that he had it coming following the Ambush at the Staten Island Ferry and the fallout of that, claiming that it was the perfect tough love moment that Peter had needed. Tony then admitted that he was wrong about his capabilities and that he was worthy to join the Avengers, which Tony had known had always been the ultimate dream for Peter.

Noting that there were fifty reporters who were still waiting for them, Stark then proudly displayed a new Iron Spider Armor for Peter to put on. He then told him that if he was ready, he would introduce all the world to the newest member of the Avengers, Spider-Man, in accordance with the Sokovia Accords. While Peter was excited at the prospect of joining the Avengers and working with his mentor, his conflict with Vulture had given him a newfound maturity.

While Stark had begun explaining how Parker becoming an Avenger would work, noting he would stay next door to the Vision, Peter, however, knowing that he had more to learn before he was ready to join the Avengers, politely declined Stark's offer and simply stated that he preferred to stay on the ground for the time of being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, staying within New York City helping the people in need, much to the considerable surprise of Stark.

Unknown to Peter, Tony was serious about his desire to add Peter to the Avengers, leaving Pepper Potts and Tony to instead tell the reports that they had been invited to announce their engagement, as Hogan gave Stark the ring he had been carrying with him for years. Once he returned back home to the Parker Residence, Peter then discovered that Tony had returned his second suit, leaving it in a bag on his bed with a note saying that it belonged to him.

Excited at the prospect of finally returning back onto the streets and protecting the people of New York City from criminals, Spider-Man put on the suit again, ready to resume his heroics. Unbeknownst to him at first, however, Aunt May saw him putting on the suit, watching in his doorway as he had pulled off his mask and then loudly cursing as she questioned what was going on, much to Peter's utter shock and horror as he now had no way of explaining this. Peter would inform his aunt of his duel identity, and she came to accept it, even supporting his work as Spider-Man.