maxwell & river's diagnoses

*Joey and Daniel make a video explaining Maxwell and River's diagnoses. Thank you to my bff JustJanielobsessed for helping me write this! Love • Bree 💜*

The video begins with Joey and Daniel sitting together on their bed in their bedroom.

Joey and Daniel begin to wave and smile at the camera. Joey then holds Daniel's hand and smiles at him and Daniel smiles back at Joey.

"Hey everyone! I know this video is not a usual video that you see from Joey and I. This is a very impromptu video actually. Joey and I have been noticing some very negative comments about two of our sons, River and Maxwell. We understand that we show our family life and the ups and downs of having a large family online, but that does not give anybody the right to bully or make fun of young children. Anybody who comments negatively about our children from now on will be blocked from all of our channels. We will not tolerate it." Daniel says to the camera.

"It makes me so sad and very upset knowing people like to make fun of kids online. They are just kids and don't deserve to be bullied by adults who hide behind a keyboard." Joey says to the camera.

"So, before we start this video explains things, Joey and I both wanna say this so people can stop acting like they are doctors in the comments. That also upsets us as well. People are diagnosing our children with illnesses and syndromes that they don't even have. We take our children to the doctor several times a year and they are very well taken care of. We appreciate all of the concern, but please stop assuming things." Daniel says to the camera.

"It is frustrating that people are diagnosing our kids with things that they don't even have. Haven was sneezing in a video and people were assuming she was going into anaphylaxis, which she definitely was not. She just sneezes when Daniel cuts our fresh flowers in the house. She has a normal pollen allergy like the rest of us." Joey says to the camera.

"So the main point of this video is to say that, yes, River is on the autism spectrum and yes, Maxwell has ADHD. Obviously we have both talked about Maxwell's ADHD some in our videos in the past but River's diagnosis we haven't talk about at all until now." Daniel says to the camera.

Joey looks at the camera and holds Daniel's hand and Daniel kisses his hand.

"Yes, River has Autism. But he is not like my brother Jett. Everybody with Autism is different, that's why it is called a spectrum. River is on the very high functioning part of the spectrum and he struggles with a few small things, like socializing and his speech. River also needs a lot of sensory stimulation as well. But River is still a sweet and loving child and he is very smart." Joey says as Daniel smiles at him and River walks into the master bedroom.

Joey and Daniel both look and see River walking over to them.

"Hi, River! Can you come here, bud?" Daniel says as River walks into the bedroom and smiles at Daniel and Joey.

"Hi, Papa and Daddy! Hiiiiii!" River says as he sits down on Daniel's lap, making Joey and Daniel both smile at River,

"Dats the vlwogging camera, Daddy and Papa!" River says as he flaps his arms happily.

"That is the camera! That's right! Use your eyes and look up at the camera, okay? Remember we look at people when we talk to them. I know the camera isn't a person but people watch the videos and they are looking at you." Daniel says to River as River smiles up at the camera.

River giggles and waves at the vlogging camera.

"Hewwo!" River says to the vlogging camera as he waves.