A Noble

In order to pay his debt to her, Vetras worked as a butler to aid her in her other mission to save the starving people of different villages in secret. 3 months has already passed since then...

As the morning sun rises to the sky, and she is already outside gazing upon the sky.

Her name is Caroline Ezbert, a noble and the woman that changed Vetras' life forever.

***
A carriage is suddenly approaching towards the mansion.

"My lady, he has arrived." Said the Head Butler.

Vetras has no idea on who it was.

"I see.... then I shall greet him personally" said Caroline as she head to the mansion's front door.

***

The carriage arrived in front of the mansion.

Vetras had no idea who it was in the carriage, but he has a bad feeling about it.

When the carriage opened, a man with a gentleman attire came down and instantly walked towards Caroline.

"Hey, who's that fancy looking fellow?" Vetras whispered at the head butler.

"He's the son of one of the noble founders of this city, Jackson. And also miss Caroline's fiancè" said the head butler.

Vetras was surprised to know that.

"I see you haven't change a bit, you still look beatiful as ever" said Jackson as he kiss her hand.

"I'm glad you are looking well, Lord Jackson" said Caroline.

Vetras suddenly saw that her hand is trembling, she is scared for some reason.

***

As the night approaches...

They were having dinner while Vetras and the head butler are assissting them in the table.

"So are you new here?" He asked Vetras.

"Yes my lord. I've been doibg this job since 3 months ago" Vetras replied.

"Is that so? Always remember that the policy that whenever I am present in this manor, everyone must be out to bed after we head upstairs. Okay?" Said Jackson.

Vetras nodded as a response.

He galnced at Caroline, and she was again trembling.

***
Midnight..

Vetras couldn't sleep at all, thinking on what's wrong with her.

"I should check after all" said Vetras as he stands up.

He went outside in the middle of the night and head straight to Caroline's room to check on her.

When he tried to knock on the door, i suddenly opened and out of instincts, he immediately ran and hid himself in near corner.

Jackson came out of her room and head towards the other direction where his room is located.

"That was close. If he saw me, I would've been in trouble. But, what is he doing in her room?" Said Vetras.

He knocked on her door before entering, and there, he saw Caroline in her bed crying while covering herself with her blanket.

"V-Vetras? W-What are you doing here?! If he saw you...!" Said Caroline.

"Didn't I told you that nobody is allowed to roam around at this hour" said Jackson as he stood near the door.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!" Vetras yelled as he clench his fist.

To be continued...