Suffer

Vetras: I can still remember it... a promise that meant to me... back then..

(10 years ago on a distant land)

A village on the base of the mountains, it is a land where there are so-called "Lords of the Land" are.

It may seem a simple looking village, but deep inside, the people are suffering from these Lords that owns the property.

Every 2 weeks, the people must pay taxes with money or anything worth of value. They are doing their best as they can to survive. And even if they really are suffering, they still looked out on each other.

Their property is almost everything in the land. The noble people lives in the big city which is surrounded by a 200 meter wall and only 2 passage way to get in and out.

And the nobles inside of the city looks down on the people from the outside villages.

***

One day....

"HELP! That man took some of my apples!" Said one of the saleslady in the city square.

The guards went on pursuit and they manage to capture the thief.

"Let me go!" Said the thief.

"So you are one of the villagers huh. How dare you come in here" said one of the guards.

The other guard handed the apples he took back to the saleslady.

"Throw it away. He touched it so it's already dirty. Not only they are dirty but they are all also thieves" she said.

The man was enraged and yelled at them.

"DAMN YOU ALL. NOT ALL OF US ARE THIEVES OR DIRTY. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL RICH DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN LOOK DOWN ON US" said the man.

The people around started to laugh from what he said.

Instead of becoming more enraged. He was just dumbfounded to see that almost all of the people there are looking down on him like an insect.

The guard holding suddenly slashed his back.

"Don't act all high and mighty on our land, peasant" said the guard.

He was thrown out fron the city afterwards.

"M-My... parents are hungry... I need to find food..." said the man.

***

As he walks around in search of food, he is gradually becoming weaker and weaker.

"I've.... suffered... 17 years... on this blasted land.. I guess I can... finally die and rest.." said the man as he passes out.

Hours gone by and he's still passed out on the side of the road.

A carriage came by.

"Stop the carriage" said the girl.

The carriage stopped and the girl ran towards Vetras.

"Are you okay?!" Said the girl.

She then saw the blood from Vetras' wound.

"Butler, help me get him to the mansion" said the girl.

"As you wish, lady Jade" said the butler.

They head towards their mansion in the city.

From there, the Lord of mercenaries began.

To be Continued...