001 thank you

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 🝆
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔

Naoko pulled her bedroom door open slowly, to keep it from making any noise

Naoko pulled her bedroom door open slowly, to keep it from making any noise. At this time in the morning, no one in her house would be awake yet. She could easily sneak out. Light just barely peeked over the horizon, the soft glow shining through the windows and illuminating Naoko's path.

With a small sports bag over her shoulder, Naoko stepped into the hallway, repeatedly looking down either side of the hall to make sure it stayed deserted.

She tiptoed down the stairs, avoiding the spots that she knew made noise. She kept her shoes held in one hand, so her sock covered feet would easily and quietly move across the dark hardwood floors. Once the girl made it downstairs, she approached the front door so she could head to the entrance exam.

With her hand on the doorknob, Naoko was interrupted by the clearing of a throat. The young girl's whole body cringed, her shoulders  raising like a threated dog's hackles. She slowly turned around with her face scrunched up from being caught. Standing with her arms crossed by the door to the kitchen was her older sister, Fuyumi.

"Don't you need some energy for that exam of yours?"

Naoko managed to keep her eyes from widening and just stared in silence for a few seconds. She had kept the fact that she registered for the U.A. entrance exam a complete secret, successfully attending the written portion two weeks ago without anyone finding out. Now that the practical exam was upon her, she kept it under wraps as well.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said in one quick breath.

Fuyumi raised an eyebrow, "I know you well enough to figure that you'd sign up for U.A. with or without Dad's permission"

Naoko, realizing there was no way of getting out of this, slumped her shoulders.

"Ah, you caught me, Fuyu..."

Fuyumi smiled softly, gesturing her head to the doorway she was standing in, "C'mon, I made you some breakfast so you have enough energy."

Naoko followed her sister into the kitchen and through to the dining room, where two servings of omelets and toast were set out on the table.

"Did you get your written score?" Fuyumi asked once they sat down together. Both girls were mindful to keep quiet, not wanting to wake their father before he would get up in an hour.

"Not an exact score," Naoko answered, covering her mouth while she chewed. She swallowed before speaking, explaining further, "They only told me I had one of the top 10 written scores."