005 hero course

🝆 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 🝆
𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

Naoko had finished her lessons with her private tutors, and was praised for her intelligence— especially in regards to mathematics

Naoko had finished her lessons with her private tutors, and was praised for her intelligence— especially in regards to mathematics. Naoko felt somehow secure knowing that. It wasn't the training that her father drilled into her, it was material that she learned herself and excelled at without him having a say in it.

But she still beamed with pride when her father congratulated her after her tutor discussed her progress with him.

The day had come for her to finally put on a school uniform and join a top hero school. She knew her brother would be attending, and thus felt extremely nervous. What if they're in the same class? What if all the time she spent trying to achieve what he had was wasted? She longed for recognition to be finally given to her, and feared that with her brother around, she would never attain it.

Outside, the birds were only just beginning to sing, and the sun hadn't yet breached the skyline. The dullness of the dusk sky flooded Naoko's room, mixing with the red lighting from heated lamps, while Naoko herself sat stock still at her vanity.

She gazed at herself in the mirror, her red hair falling over her shoulders neatly and her skin looking smooth and clear as ever. Though her uniform was immaculate, aside from the thermal turtleneck that she could only hope was allowed, the barely noticeable bags under her eyes screamed at the girl.

You can't do this. You're gonna let him down.

Naoko shook her head before she could drown in her thoughts, the movement throwing her bangs out of place. She stood abruptly from her stool and quickly grabbed her things so she could leave the house before anyone woke. She wrapped Touya's jacket around herself, and made sure her thick tights were straightened out. Rushing down the stairs as quietly as she could, she pulled on her knee high boots before leaving, not once looking back at the house as she walked off to school.

🝆 🜂 🝆

Naoko wasn't surprised at the size of the classroom door—she understood that certain quirks call for differing levels of accessibility.

What she was surprised about was the way that the door was locked. She stood in front of it, mouth falling open the tiniest bit. Was she really too early? Of course, she knew she would likely be the first student, but what about the teacher? She calculated her early morning hours and commute so that she could arrive at the perfect time where she wouldn't have to face any other students on the way to the room.

But the teacher... they should have been there already. The teachers are supposed to arrive first to greet the students, not let the classrooms fall into chaos without an authority figure around to supervise.

Naoko's mind worked hard to not immediately judge whoever it could be as unprofessional, but one thing that stuck with her over the years was punctuality. In her beliefs, being early was best, on time was fine, and tardiness was absolutely unacceptable. If you're early in regards to a battle, a fight with a villain, a rescue operation, it could be prevented. If you're on time, you can maximize your work and be efficient. But if you're late, you're hopeless.