Special Edition

(I wanted to give you guys a special thing for the upcoming 2 year anniversary of this story! This was one of my first big stories and I never thought it would get this far! So here's to all the people that read it from the beginning to end)

James was looking in the special mirror that allowed him to see the mortal realm. It was something he did often to check on his old friends and his son.

"How is everyone?" Lily had returned from visiting some family members. She had been overjoyed to realize she could see them whenever she wants.

"Sirius and Remus are doing so well with Harry, Lily. I told you Sirius was a great choice to be the godfather." James was so happy to see how being together was helping his remaining loved ones heal from the tragedy 14 years ago.

"Yes, James. You did." Lily agreed, knowing James had taken a huge offense at her doubts of Sirius' suitability. She had been proven wrong after Harry was born though, this just cemented it.

Sirius had been so terrified yet elated to hold his godson after Harry was born. Harry had been held carefully and closely, the animagus having guarded him possessively from everyone except Lily and James. Not even Remus had been spared from Sirius' hissed warnings to be careful and support his head, dammit! He had taken his godfather duties very seriously and now his fatherly duties.

"I'll be having a word with Petunia when she dies though." Lily was ready for a smackdown. She had known her sister hated her but to treat a baby the way she had? That was inexcusable and frankly it pissed Lily off. Had it been Petunia and Vernon that had died, Dudley would have been raised with love and compassion. "And our Mum and Dad has seen how Petunia has behaved and they're not pleased either."

Lily's parents and grandparents were in disbelief of what Petunia had turned into. They couldn't believe the little girl who had been so excited to have a baby sister could turn into such a bitter and hateful wench. It broke Lily's mother's heart and she felt she had failed her daughter.

"Lily, Sirius just got peed on. It hit his face." James cackled, holding his wife's hand. He pointed at the mirror they were using to watch their friends.

"I recall that happening to you a few times." Lily smirked, reminding James that it had happened to him.

"Yeah, yeah." James sulked. He continued watching for awhile and then laying on the couch with his head in Lily's lap. "I'm glad they're getting another chance, Lily. They deserve it. Especially after everything they've been through."

"I agree." Lily stroked her fingers through James' unruly hair. She had a slightly guilty look.

"What is it?" James frowned.

"I wish something could be done to help Alice and Frank. Either a cure or an end to their suffering." Lily felt bad for even implying she wished their friends would keel over. "Their souls are trapped."

"Oh, Lily." James sat up and hugged his wife tightly. He felt so bad that he couldn't fix this for her. "I'm sorry. So sorry. They deserve to be okay."

~After they go visit~

"I hate that he's blamed himself for so long. It's not his fault." James was upset that Sirius had blamed himself. "Who would have thought that Pettigrew would have betrayed us?"

"He always seemed so sweet. So shy." Lily frowned. "But really he was a rat."

"In more ways than one." James couldn't help himself with making a pun. He pouted as Lily flicked his head. "Perfect opportunity, Lily Pad."

"James Fleamont Potter." Lily spoke warningly. She did not like that nickname.

"I'm sorry, Lily." James kissed his wife softly.

"Anyways..." Lily squinted at him. "Remus is a good mother."

"He is." James smirked. He would be teasing his friend when Remus died. "He was always very motherly."

"Definitely." The ginger woman agreed, grinning. "But that was part of why we love him. He always tries his best to take care of his people."

"Damn right!" The bespectacled man was in complete agreement with his wife. "He needed to be back with Sirius and Harry. They need him the most right now. Especially because Sirius was finally free after being imprisoned in Azkaban and that awful house."

"They can move to a new house and have a new beginning." James leaned back against the couch and snuggled Lily. His wife had mellowed some after having Harry. "A place not tainted with the Dark."

"They need it." Lily closed her eyes, listening to James' heart beating. She found it funny that they were dead on the mortal plane of existence but alive in where they were now. She didn't know what she would have done if she couldn't have the familiar warmth from her husband. It always soothed a part of her deep inside to know all was well with him.

"I think it's time we let them go on their own for now. We can check back in with them in two weeks. We've been obsessing over this whole thing since it began." James decided, taking Lily to their bed. It was rather late in their realm and he was tired.

Lily curled into James, smiling as she fell asleep. It had been her who had given Harry's magic a nudge to deage him. She had needed her baby to have a fresh start. But no one else needed to know what she had done. It was hers and Lady Magic's little secret.