Chapter 43 ~ Alone

Chapter 43~

He is walking on the seashore. Crying, looking in the sky. He's very tired from the events that had happend. He's so broken.

He made such a decision that had been rejected.He was ready to take the course but the other party was not. His mind is all puzzled out.

“Miah, ano bang dahilan? Why? I thought you said that you’ll never leave by my side and make me fall in love with you deeply. You were the only one that I could depend on. Ikaw lang. Ikaw lang naman ang nagpapasaya sa akin. Mali bang kunin at angkinin ka?”

There is a blurred visions of night sky because of the tears flowing from his eyes. Silent waves of the sea is all to be heard.

He was just staring on an empty and dark sea.

“Hah, saksi pala yung dagat... Bakit walang forever? Meron naman Miah eh.. Meron. Pumayag na ako. Nagdesisyon na. Ikaw na lang yung kulang.. Ikaw na yung pinipili ko. Inalis mo na yung insecurities mo kay Michelle di ba? Kung ganun, anong dahilan?”

Hindi nanatili ng matagal si Clarence sa may dalampasigan. Mas pinili niyang alisin na lamang ang tingin sa may dagat. He went to search a good place where he could let out and forget his feelings right now.

Umorder siya ng alak. Hindi alam ng parents ni Clarence na umiinom siya. Pero hindi na bago sa kanya ang mga pangyayari.

“Tsk. History really does repeats itself.”

Umupo siya sa counter at uminom lang siya ng uminom. He was so upset of what happend.

Hindi na niya alam kung bakit nangyayari ito sa kanya. He didn’t lie that he was starting to like Miah. Pero iniisip rin niya kung anong mangyayari kung sakaling malaman ni Miah ang iba pang dahilan kung bakit he would engage himself to her.

He hate himself. He hate his attitude. For Christ’s sake he hate the limitted actions that he could take.

“Bakit ba ganito? Bakit ba, wala akong choice. Palagi na lang ako naiipit? Lagi na lang may nadadamay at nasasaktan?”

Miah was his last straw. Kung pwede lang, hindi niya talaga kayang idamay si Miah sa problema sa kompanya ni Zander. But it called for a need. Nadamay lang talaga si Miah sa lahat ng ito. Ayaw talagang maulit ni Clarence and mga nangyari sa kanila ni Michelle. That is why he took the decision to let go of his past and bet on loving Miah.

He decided since Miah is involved with this crazy engagement and financial problem of their companies, he wouldn’t want to take the same action of letting go of the girl who is special to him. Miah was special. She was the first one that he knew could get and understand his flaws and weakness. Kahit na pinagtabuyan niya si Miah, gumagawa ng paraan si Miah upang isettle ang lahat.

Pero bakit ngayon. Hindi na magawa ni Miah ang paglapit neto kay Clarence.

He is starting to get dizzy. Lakas tama na kung lakas tama pero kahit na ganoon, si Miah ang bukang bibig ni Clarence.

“Sir, I think you have enough liquor” sabi ng bartender na nasa harap niya.

“No. Just let me be.. I have so much money that I could drink as much liquor that I can! Bakit ka ba nangengealam.”

The bartender just went away. Ayaw niyang gumawa pa ng gulo kaya ibinigay na lang niya ang hinihingi ni Clarence.

“Hey..” a soft voice called him out with a gentle tap on his shoulder.

“You’re already drunk mister.” a girl with a wavy hair approach him.

He couldn’t see her face clearly but her scent was too familiar.

He was out of his mind and grabed the waist of the girl who is infront of her. He went to hug her and let his head rest on her belly.

There was no resistance from the hug that the girl received from Clarence.

“Hmm... it’s been a long time since I’ve smelled a baked scent of perfume. It’s like a dream. I knew you would come whenever I need you. I’ve really missed you.”

Then, he felt that the girl just patted his head. “Yeah, this is the least I could do for you for now...”

“You know what? I’m tired... so fucking tired..”

“Yeah I know.. konting tiis na lang.. Just rest for a bit okay? I’ll be coming back for you...”

He couldn’t ask why this girl said something like that. Hindi na niya nakayanan yung tama ng alak. The last thing he knew, he fell asleep in the girl’s arms. It was the first time he slept very soundly despite the fact that he was hurt from Miah’s answer.