☼ three ☼

☼☼☼

☼☼☼

This wasn't how Rosalie expected her day to go.

After their pleasant first encounter with Harry Hook, Rosalie and Ben were kidnapped (or nicked, as some might say) and whisked off to a ship in Pirates' Bay. The two were thrown into the brig, with no idea of how or when they'd get out.

Rosalie tried not to think of home, but all she could think of was her sister and cousins. All she wanted was to do was break out of her ties and make sure they were fine. As far as Ruby knew, she was completely fine.

And the moment Elijah would find out, he'd freeze Auradon Bay over and take care of these pirates himself.

"I can't believe I did this. My mom would be so furious," Rosalie shivered. "That's okay, though. I mean,
what she doesn't know won't kill her, right? Oh my gosh, this would kill her."

"Rose, don't worry," Ben took the reigns being the voice of reason. "They'll come back for us."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that."

Through the shadows came the same sauntering, blue-eyed pirate who decided to take Rosalie's frying pan for himself, hanging it off his hook.

"You're coming with me, princess."

Rosalie kept a hard expression as she followed orders. She knew any little slip up could end with both her and Ben at the end of a plank. She whispered a soft goodbye to Ben before going on her way to who-knows-where. She followed Harry down every corner of the ship before landing in front of what appeared to be his room. He let her sit at edge of his bed.

"What are you getting out of this, Hook?"

"I follow orders, princess. Nothing more, nothing less."

Rosalie scoffed at his response. "So, what? You're in charge of me?"

"I thought princesses were supposed to be kind," Harry retorted.

"I am, but desperate times call for desperate measures and I am my father's daughter."

"You think you're so tough," Harry challenged the girl. He held her chin up with his hook. "An Auradon girl like you wouldn't know a single thing about a pirate's life."

"Oh, spare me the details," Rosalie chuckled. "Let me take a shot at it."

Harry scoffed. "Fine. Go for it, then."

"You're malicious, mean, and scary," she started.

"Okay."

"Your sneer could curdle dairy."

"Sure."

"And violence-wise, your hands are not the cleanest."

"I mean-"

"But despite your evil look," Rosalie interrupted. "And your temper. And your hook."

Harry learned forward, intrigued.

"You've always wanted to be a concert pianist."

Harry's hard expression disappeared and was replaced by a smile and wild laughter. "I'm sorry, what?"

Rosalie smiled at his change of heart. Maybe this would be like meeting the VKs for the first time.

"My dad was a thief before he met my mom. He made sure my sister and I knew how to take care of ourselves and not be ordinary princesses. I know a lot more than you think." Rosalie paused and stared at the floor before looking back up at Harry.

"This doesn't mean we're friends."

"Never said we had to be," Rosalie shrugged. "But if I'm stuck on this ship until my friends come back to save me, then at the very least, save the pirate act for one moment."

There was a minute before Harry shook his head and held out Rose's frying pan. One moment.

"Thank you," she said sincerely. "Rosalie Fitzherbert. Pleasure to meet you, Harry Hook."

☼☼☼

For the first time in forever, Harry was no longer a pirate or the son of Captain Hook. He was Harry. And no matter how much he knew he shouldn't have, he trusted the princess. He opened up. He listened.

When the time came that Harry had to bring Rosalie back to the brig, he wanted to throw away all of his orders and stay where they were. They walked back in complete silence. He didn't want to say anything that would get him sent off the plank. He thought the last few moments would be their last before whatever was going to happen tomorrow at noon. Maybe Mal and the rest of them would rescue them and Rosalie would go back to Auradon without a single thought of the Isle. He dropped her off and turned his back, trying to go back the pirate he always was.

"Wait!" Rosalie yelled. He turned around ever so slightly. "For the record, I like this Harry Hook much better than the Harry Hook I met earlier."

He sent her a small smile and tipped his hat.

She was no ordinary princess, that was for sure.

☼☼☼

hi I'm terrible at writing dialects so I didn't even bother I'm SORRY!!! I know it's been over two weeks since I last updated because of college and this chapter is short but HEHE! I have two other (kind of short but they're cute:) chapter ready which I'll post within the next two days :) thank you for reading if you're here I appreciate you very much <3