☼ ten ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Rosalie Fitzherbert always knew the world was far too big to stand in one place. She loved Corona with all of her heart, and her time at Auradon Prep meant everything to her, but the rest of the United States of Auradon was just waiting to be explored. So, the day after she moved her tassel from right to left, she was off to see what the rest of the world had to offer.

Suddenly, the world didn't seem so small anymore. She had seen every single corner of Auradon there was, but a part of her wondered if there was more out there. But after so much time being filled with wanderlust, Rosalie made sure she'd come back to Auradon Prep for a very special occasion.

She made her way through the crowd, eventually finding Evie and engulfing her in a hug. "I'm not too late, am I?"

"Not at all." Evie motioned at the stage. "Look, here they come." Rosalie couldn't help but smile widely as her best friend made his way up with Mal right by his side.

"What's up, Auradon?" Ben exclaimed into the mic. "Thank you. Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon."

Rosalie's mind wandered to a certain pirate. She hoped that his name would've been called out on VK Day, but to no avail. She knew the sweet little Dizzy that Evie couldn't stop gushing about would absolutely love it here, so she couldn't wait to meet her. In due time, maybe he'd find his way to Auradon after all.

"It worked out pretty well for the first four."

"Yeah, especially for you," Chad Charming joked, somewhere out in the crowd.

Ben took Mal's hand in his. "Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention, I'm in love with you?" He began to twirl her around and the excitement ensued. The rest of their closest friends made their way to the front, humming along blissfully. "I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me but now look at what you've done, you got me..." Here we go. "...down on my knee. Mal, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my Queen?"

And with a resounding yes from Mal, there was nothing but joy to be seen from miles around. (Other than from Audrey and co., but that's another problem for a later time.)

Mal immediately ran down the steps, seeing the daughter of Rapunzel for the first time in months. "Rose!"

"Congratulations, love," Rosalie said as she brought Mal and Evie into a hug.

"What, did two you know?"

"Everything," Rosalie shamelessly admitted. "Ben kept me updated every single day. You are going to rock that crown."

Evie couldn't contain her excitement. "So I've only done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress, and Belle's already planned an engagement party next week!"

"Well, it's a really good thing I said yes!"

Rosalie turned to find Ben in the midst of the excitement. She congratulated her best friend as she brought him into a hug. "Nice job on the ring, by the way. Good to know things were fine here without me."

Things were seemingly fine, with the boys poking fun at the queen-to-be and for once in a very long time, nothing could go wrong.

That is, until, Audrey, daughter of Sleeping Beauty pulled Mal to the side with a smug look on her face. The two were out of earshot but no matter what, Rosalie knew it couldn't have been good.

When the time came for Ben and the VKs to go to the Isle, Rose made sure she sent luck their way. "And don't let her phase you, M," she said firmly. "You belong here and on that throne."

"Thank you, Rose, and welcome home. Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

Her breath hitched and a part of her wanted to say yes. But instead, she said, "I'll be fine. I've got to go find Ruby anyway. It's time for you to make some history."

☼ ☼ ☼

Hehe hi friends! I wanted to write the whole dragon scene but I thought this was a good way to end things and start off the third movie. I have the rest of the chapters planned out and I'm excited to see how this turns out!  thank you for reading!! I appreciate you dearly :)