☼ fifteen ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Rosalie Fitzherbert was never one to believe in love at first sight. But, if there was anything she did believe in, it was true love - and as it turns out, she found that in Harry Hook.

And as far as true love went, she knew that their two hearts would eventually find each other. So, Rosalie had to let Harry go. She couldn't stomach the idea of getting in the way of his own obligations - he had the Isle to tend to, after all. They both knew that their separation was only temporary (they'd done it before, pre-true love's kiss), and someday, their paths would cross again.

She wondered when that day would come, but as her mother told her - you don't really need someone to complete you... you only need someone to accept you completely. Someday couldn't be that far away.

Admittedly enough, she wished he was here to experience days like today. The courtyard was decorated from top to bottom and everyone was dressed to the nines. Surrounded by friends and family, it would certainly be a momentous occasion.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen," Ben announced, looking proudly at Mal. "So... raise your glasses - to our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!" the crowd repeated.

All seriousness aside, Carlos spoke up. "Speech, Your Special-ness."

"Speech, Your Fancy One," Jay added on.

As the crowd laughed at their antics, and the laughter died down, something changed - and it would change the dynamic of Auradon forever. "I can't," Mal admitted, gasps filling amongst her audience.

"I can't be Queen of Auradon... We made a decision to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned that you can't live in fear - because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates," Mal nodded lightly at Rosalie, who smiled back brightly. "Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... my father..." More gasps erupted, "some of us wouldn't be standing here today. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from."

Mal turned to face Ben. "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

Regardless of minor objections from his parents, Ben stood firmly before his people, "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings.The barrier will come down!"

Nothing but cheers and applause could be heard from a mile away. Mal immediately motioned for the VKs to join her on the balcony, but Evie grabbed Rosalie by the arm and brought her up with them. "You should be a part of this," Evie promised. Rose knew she meant each word with every fiber of her being. Standing with people she loved so dearly, nothing made her happier than to be a part of something special.

"To make the world a better place, we have to do it face to face!"

The cheers and applause only grew louder as everyone watch the barrier disappear. In the midst of the excitement, Rosalie found a moment to ask, "Why the change of mind?"

"It was more of a change of heart," Mal warmly replied.

"Go get him," Evie winked.

As two worlds became one, Rosalie stood next to her best friend. Thank you, she mouthed as she and Ben proudly watched the VKs making their way across the bridge. Before they made the final step, Mal and co. rejoined the other side. Rose locked eyes with the only and only Harry Hook and her smile grew even wider. Welcoming everyone to their new home, she curtsied. Once more and more cheers erupted, she ran straight into Harry's arms.

Rosalie couldn't remember a time she was any happier. "Welcome to Auradon, Harry Hook. We're happy to have you."

"Thank you for believing in me, Rose," he whispered, just before closing the space between them and sealing a kiss on her lips. Once they pulled away, he asked, "Where to next, princess?"

No one ever spoke it out loud, but everyone knew. They should've known when she first stepped foot on the Isle, frying pan in hand and head held high, Rosalie's heart was only ever Harry's to break.

"How about Neverland?"

THE END.

☼ ☼ ☼

hello friends! and here is the end of everything to win. it's certainly been a long time coming, but I'm happy with where this ended off. though this is the end of Rosalie and Harry's story, I'm so so so SO thankful for everyone who came along to read it. wishing you all nothing but the absolute best - thank you :)