🔱Ending Part 1🔱

In the future I will be using the name Pandora as another way to signal a reader insert. This chapter has three reader inserts cues, Persona, Pandora and Y/N. Have fun!

XXX

"Are you sure Yugi would swim this far out"

"It's the way to the hidden valley, so yes."

Atem shook his head. He could not believe that Yami would take Yugi out this far when he was a merboy. It stressed him out when he couldn't find either of them, now he knew why. Atem glance over at his older brother hardly believing that he was really back. None of his half-brothers were ever close, though Yami did make small attempts to be...around. But ultimately, they stayed out of each other's way. He suppose he was glad that Yami had not died. Any other thoughts or emotions about him were harder to feel or understand.

"Why did you bring Yugi out here?" He asked without thinking.

Yami keep his head forward but Atem could see his frown on his lips. "Everyone liked picking on Yugi when you weren't around to protect him. Our mothers were cousins. Compare to the others, you and Yugi have the closet relation to me. That meant something to me." When Atem said nothing Yami sighed out and said, "You know that I did try to have some type of bond with you, but you were too stubborn."

Scoffing Atem said, "You would beat me up and attack me out of nowhere, Before that, you would tease the hell out of me."

Yami shrugged. "I didn't say I was smart about it. None of us knew how to treat each other. Apart from Zev, I didn't think any of us hated each other. Jealous and annoyed with each other, yes, but never hate. I think the only thing we could all agree on was that you were the problem child."

Atem scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I just didn't like being pushed around for being the youngest."

"I understand that, but you have to admit," Yami paused for a moment and Atem glanced at him seeing smirk when Yami said, "you only started winning your little brawls with the others after I started sparring with you."

Atem looked away fighting not respond to his brother's comment. One brother had died, and another showed up from the grave. Both had saved him from Zev. It annoyed him that everything Yami was saying rung true with him. Yami did try to bond with him and ended up turning to sparring as a way to do it. He was right about not hating the other brothers, even Zev. Lastly, he was right about Atem's fighting skill. He had only gotten after each beat down by Yami.

"You're not going to thank me, even after all this time?" Yami sighed, faking hurt.

"You make it easy for me to want to punch you."

Yami laughed at Atem's dry reply. He peered over at his younger brother, not believing that he was given a second chance to have a brother relationship. As a child, Atem was always quick to anger, quick to laugh and quick to suspicion. When brothers were dying left and right it was Atem who suspected someone inside the family first. It hinder his attempts to get close to the trouble merboy. Yugi made things a tad better, and worse at the same time. On one hand, Yugi made Atem mellow out and take his responsibilities seriously. On the other, Atem pulled back even further from his other brothers. Yami did what he had to not be any more alienated than he already was and Yugi was the key.

Now here he was, a grown merman. Taking the crown and courting a merhuman, Atem had calmed, honestly he had. The stories whispering around Yami's old home about the stand off between Zev and Atem had him swelling with pride. The old Atem would have been doomed.

"I'm glad I get to see you grown, brother." He slipped out.

Atem's eyes snap to the side but then moved back to the front. His throat tighten. He didn't know how to respond, but luckily Yami didn't give a chance to by change the subject. "How did you really meet this merhuman? The story I was told by father was that you came across her by chance, but I doubt that is the truth."