Chapter 10

He woke up extra early the next day. He still had to meet with his father and discuss battle plans and Order. Especially Order. So, wasting no more time, he left. It wasn't for a couple hours 'til breakfast began.

He arrived at the castle in no time. The castle still wasn't in the best condition. Hell, it wasn't even in satisfactory condition. It was a few days after the first devastating battle and citizens were seen grieving for lost ones. There were blood stains on the ground still hadn't been cleaned. The streets were so silent that it seemed as if the whole castle was abandoned. No visitors came. No tourists were seen around. The only thing that remained was a strong sense of the need to just sit down and mourn for a few hours. All that was need was to just sit down and think about all those that had died. To make sure that their memory hadn't die with them.

However, the mourning would happen after the war. The memories of those who died would live on. They would never be forgotten. Now was just not the time to think about them. It just seemed like a nice way to destroy hope.

A flock of birds chirped happily as they crossed the sky. They continued on as if the no war existed. They didn't care about any human war. Why should they? They filled the silent streets with their chirps and it almost seemed that everything was normal. Almost. Even through a war, the sky was still blue. The animals still lived as if nothing happened. But no one stepped out of their door to curse at the birds. No one came to watch them and wave at them. And the birds just flew on.

He walked through the empty halls of the castle, his footsteps echoing in the silence. He would see the occasional soldier speeding somewhere, but nothing else.

He reached the enormous double doors that led to his father's office. Swinging them open, he stepped into a meeting full of other commanders or people who just had a good reputation for leading. They eyed him suspiciously as he took a seat near his father.

"Shadow," his father addressed him, nodding. "We were just starting."

"My Lord, I would like to position my troops here, just in case anything happens," Dr. Dry, an extremely old warrior who was known for being so serious that it was funny. No one knew why he chose to name himself Dr. Dry, but many has ideas.

"It's not only you, Dry. We all want to settle here. But there's no way that all of us could," Samaii retorted.

"I agree with Sammy," Edward said. Edward loved names originated from Earth and changed everyone's name to an Earth name. He preferred those better.

"It's Sam-ii, not Sam-ee," Samaii said through gritted teeth.

"Does it really matter when we're discussing such an important matter?" Phil asked. Phil's name wasn't actually Phil. It was Wave. But everyone called him Phil because of his great wisdom and amazing philosophy.

"Of course. So where were we? Ah, so My Lord, which of us will be staying here?" Samaii asked.

"None. You must finish helping the other planets before settling here," Lord Chaos told them.

"What about gathering allies? May some of us go out and scout allies to help us with our war?" Glide spoke softly.

"Do you even have to ask that question? Of course we can. We need as many allies from other planets as possible!" Sky said.

"We need our Lord's approval before endangering any other planet with this war!" Glide retorted.

"If Order defeats this planet, then all the planets will be endangered. Order might just attack some planet to get under our skin. They are already in danger!" Glide explained.

"Order wouldn't do that. Don't you remember the cause of the first war?" Parrot asked.

"Of course we do! but this was isn't about that. This war is for revenge against Lord Chaos," Layla said.