CH 8: Do You Have A Problem With Me?

Bakugou P. O. V.

The original explosive teen couldn't help but stare at the kunai as it continued to be tossed up and down so casually. When they were fighting, Bakugou had mostly forgotten that Kyo was a shinobi. He seemed like the rest of his classmates, with his own personality and ideals. Kyo seemed too lively and mischievous to be a mindless living weapon that he had read about in history books. Though seeing him with an assortment of weapons, tools he uses with deadly precision, Bakugou was reminded that Kyo has a different purpose than the one he strives to achieve.

Kyo is a shinobi. A person trained to kill without a second thought. A human weapon that must be prepared to kill despite that person's relationship with the target. Whether that was a child, a friend, a significant other, or a family member. While Bakugou jokes about killing when he's angered and has no qualms about killing villains who had already hurt countless people; at his core, Bakugou is a hero. A person meant to save people, to protect those from people who wished to do others harm. Someone who should never be associated with those with little regard for human life.

Heroes maintained their individuality, their ideals, and their free will. They cared for their comrades and the wellbeing of everyone around them. Bakugou and Kyo should only ever be facing against each other. It was unnatural for them to be on the same side. Heroes save. Shinobi kill. Simple as that. Only.... it wasn't that simple.

Bakugou thinks back to how Kyo and his brother stood up for their teammate when she tripped during her introduction. They looked ready to take on anyone that even thought of laughing at her. That type of protective behavior just doesn't fit with the shinobi mold, where only the strongest survive. Instead of standing up for her, they should have shunned her. Bakugou only just met Kyo, but he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would kill his teammates if ordered to.

Bakugou's crimson eyes narrowed in frustration. ' Why the hell would Aizawa-sensei think it was a good idea to bring them here?' he thought angrily as he tried to solve this riddle. But there were just too many contradictions in logic to come to any sort of conclusion. He just couldn't figure out what he was supposed to make of them. Or how he should feel about their unnatural presence in a hero school.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Kyo asks out of the blue. He didn't bother to stop tossing the kunai, though he did turn towards Bakugou. His crimson eyes looked tired.

This question caught Bakugou off guard. He did, in fact, have a problem with him. But he didn't really want to address it. He also couldn't just blow up and deny it, because doing so would just announce that he did have a problem with him. Before he gets the chance to respond, Kyo pack pedals and rephrases the question.

"Sorry, I'm still a little jet-lagged. What I meant to ask you was, if what I'm doing now is bothering you?" Kyo asks, waving the weapon in his hand. No longer tossing it.

Bakugou did not entirely buy that, but he went with it. "You mean breaking the no weapons on campus rule?"

Kyo shrugged. "Well that and me tossing it to make detention go by faster. You looked a little uncomfortable about it."

Bakugou tsked at that. "Like I care what you do. If you want to get in even more trouble, that's up to you."

Crimson eyes studied his face for a moment. Bakugou was used to Kirishima's scarlet eyes staring back at him, but Kyo's eyes were crimson just like his. ' Just like blood.' It was unsettling. Thankfully Kyo broke eye contact first. He took the Kunai in his hand and suddenly stabs it into the desk. The movement makes Bakugou jump despite himself. Bakugou narrows his eyes at the shinobi. Silently cursing him for pulling that shit.