No Such Thing As Coincidence, Only Hitsuzen

Bakugou P. O. V.

Hitsuzen;

A naturally foreordained event. A state in which other outcomes are impossible. A result which can only be obtained by a single causality and all other casualties would necessarily create different results. At least that's what the Kodansha Japanese desk dictionary defined it as in Bakugou's vocabulary work last semester. It also happened to be the twins' surname, which after stumbling upon their otherworldly secret, seemed like some kind of twisted cosmic joke to the explosive hero.

Two sets of identical eyes regarded each other in silence, though the emotions that reflected in each pair conflicted with the other. One burned with unrivaled irritation, while the second remained disturbingly thoughtful. Unsettled by the uncharacteristic calmness that resided within their depths, Bakugou tore his gaze from his overbearing mother.

"If you have something to say, just fucking say it already?" the teen growled to save face. Subconsciously transferring the majority of his weight on one leg with his arms crossed tightly against himself in a short-lived instance of self-consciousness. A degrading habit Bakugou steadily acquired after being repeatedly scolded by his teachers at UA, after a lifetime of receiving nothing but praise.

"I finally figured out how I know Kyo," his mother stated bluntly, which caused the blonde teen to stiffen ever so slightly despite himself. Mitsuki shifted slightly in her seat on the queen-sized bed. Her hand absently ran through the slumbering shinobi's copper locks beside her. Soft intermittent purrs rumbled in Kyo's throat as a result, which brought a kind smile to her face and a distrustful glare from the other teen.

"It took me a few moments to figure it out," his mother admitted after a brief pause. Taking a moment to replace the overused ice pack on the sleeping teen's burning forehead with a fresh one. The renewed coolness instantly helped soothe her restless charge, for his breathing immediately evened out until they became relaxed snores. "When I first saw him, I could have sworn he was the spitting image of a manga character I adored when I was younger. He even shared the same name, but the last name was all wrong. It wasn't until I heard his real surname that everything gradually clicked into place."

It took a tremendous amount of effort to retain the neutral expression on Bakugou's face. However, the explosive hero could do little about his fidgeting fingers, which drummed lightly against the inside of his arm without his permission. His developing hero sense flooded his system with unwanted adrenaline from his worsening nerves. A subtle bite of his inner lip luckily managed to curb most of his fighting instincts enough to keep the anxious tapping out of Mitsuki's ever-watchful line of sight.

"Is that so?" Bakugou chided in a cold tone. A vain attempt to dissuade her from continuing this conversation by highlighting the absurdity of her words. Perhaps if he managed to undercut her position, the young hero could convince his mother to mind her own business. "You don't honestly believe he's some fictional character come to life? Even you have to realize how bat-shit crazy that sounds."

His mother made no indication that she had heard him. Instead, she continued on with her nostalgic recollection. Her attention fixated on lightly stroking Kyo's face as she spoke as if she craved physical confirmation that he was indeed real. "Like I could ever forget the Hitsuzen name. I was well acquainted with who I assume was his mother back in my early college days," Mitsuki revealed with a light-hearted smirk.

Before Bakugou could deny her claim by telling her that such an occurrence would have been impossible, that she must have been mistaken, his mother cut him off. "Yes, Amaya Hitsuzen. The girl with wolf ears and tail that traveled across dimensions," his mother stated in a manner that made it seem like she was talking to herself.