CH 9: Welcome To Class 1-A

Kirishima P. O. V.

The steady sound of rain pattered rhythmically against the dorm windows, as the well-behaved students of Class-A were enjoying an unexpected half-day comfortably within the warmth of the common room. Their afternoon classes had been canceled due to the chaos that ensued that morning. The troublemakers weren't so lucky. Angry with them all, Aizawa had instructed them to clear out all the rubble that had been created during Bakugou and Kyo's fight for the remainder of the day, despite the dreadful weather. Whatever they didn't manage to dispose of would be saved for the next day and so forth until it was cleared up enough for Cementoss to level out the area.

While Kaminari and Sero were stuck using wheelbarrows and shovels, Bakugou and Kyo decided to clear the area with their quirks. Subduing their destructive powers, so they didn't accidentally create more work for them to do. After watching them for a bit, Mina decided to use her quirk as well. Her acid even better suited for the task than theirs. At the current pace, they should be done cleaning up the mess that day but would be completely drenched by the time they were done.

Kirishima was currently enjoying a hot cup of Hot Chocolate with Tohru, Uraraka, Midoriya, Tsubasa, Iida, and Shinsou at one of the tables in the lounge. All of them, content to chat happily with one another and get acquainted with the new students of their class. There was a delicious smell in the air from Sato baking something in the kitchens. Thanks to him, the dorm has always been filled with an assortment of baked goods from the kind-hearted student. Kirishima couldn't be happier with his classmates. His quiet personality in his younger years had made it hard for him to make friends, besides Mina, before attending UA. Kirishima was proud to say that there wasn't a single student that he didn't get along with now ...Well, except for Mineta.

He and Tohru had become fast friends. Already seeing her as the sister, he never had. Mina doesn't count because she has declared herself the "fun Aunt," to everyone within the squad. Kirishima just couldn't help gushing over how adorable Tohru was, especially when flustered by everyone's attention. Uraraka sat on the kunoichi's other side, she was also a big Tohru fan and was constantly asking her to use her quirk to turn her and people around the table into different animal forms. Tohru's eyes were sparkling with renewed self-confidence with each successful transformation and the resulting fit of giggles and laughter from the table. At the moment, Uraraka had pointed dog ears, Midoriya had bunny ears, and Shinsou was a cat. Kirishima was still in his cat form from earlier, and Iida had respectfully declined altogether, still feeling self-conscious about his current appearance. Momo had made him some hair dye earlier, that should match his natural color, but didn't have a chance to try it yet.

"Do you know where you're staying yet?" Kirishima asked the group. Taking this opportunity to add some more whipped cream to his drink.

"We're not sure yet," Tsubasa answered before taking another sip of his hot chocolate. He was sitting on a stool instead of a chair with a back, to better accommodate his broad wings. It seemed he preferred to have them out since he had yet to sheathe them since unveiling them that morning. Kirishima had to stop himself from staring on multiple occasions. He was relieved that the rest of the class was having just as much trouble as him. They were just so dazzling, especially in natural light. "Aizawa-sensei said he would have it figured out by the end of the day, but that was before..." He didn't have to finish his sentence. Kirishima sighs. Bakugou sure knew how to rope everyone up with his impulses.

"We're probably going to move into some of the empty rooms in the dorms." Shinsou theorized, downing his makeshift mocha. Maybe the reason he can't ever sleep is that he drinks coffee in the afternoon. "I know Aizawa was already in the process of getting me moved into the dorms before these guys were hired."