Harper

Six wonderful years. Three years married and everything was amazing. Life wasn’t perfect but it was beautiful.

Kurt’s progress had been amazing and with Blaine always by his side, he knew everything would be fine.

During the last two years Kurt worked on his clothes, he did a collection with Carolina Herrera and presented it at New York Fashion Week. Everyone at Fashion Week loved Kurt. He made so many amazing friends and colleagues that loved Kurt’s style. He felt so loved by many. And he was.

Blaine made a turn in his career. While he loved performing on Broadway and loved the music and all that stuff, he loved kids and he wanted to become a music teacher. He wanted kids to know the power of music. Kurt took it really well and as usual, was proud of him. He always wanted Blaine to be happy and he was so amazing with kids.

Kurt and Blaine had a serious conversation and agreed that they were ready to have a child. They wanted a girl so they decided to try adoption. They actually had an appointment. They went to an adoption house and filled all the papers and documents needed. The lady that was working with them liked them very much. They were going to meet some kids today. They told her they wanted a 3 or 4 year old girl. Not so little and not a teenager either.

“Hello gentlemen, I’m Lizzy and I’ll show you some of the kids we have, follow me please.” She said giving them a smile. Kurt held Blaine’s hand all the way.

“So, for how long have you been married?” The lady asked.

“We’ve been married for three years and together for six.” Blaine said.

“Very good guys, you seem to be a very stable couple and you look very charming, are you ready to be parents?” she asked and they nodded happily.

They saw a bunch of kids, some were three and some were four but none of them caught their eye, they lady was talking to Blaine when someone tripped in front of Kurt, it was a girl. She was lovely. Kurt smiled.

“Hey sweetie, are you okay?” he asked. She nodded. “How old are you?” she, of course, was shy so she showed him five fingers. Kurt was confused, the girl wasn’t talking. Kurt was about to leave when the girl grabbed his hand and showed him the picture she was drawing.

“Mr. Hummel-Anderson,” the social worker said when she saw Kurt with one of the girls.

“Why doesn’t she speak?” he asked. Blaine grabbed his arm and smiled at the girl. He was surprised. They little girl had brown hair just like Kurt but her hair was curly, just like Blaine’s. Both men felt the same thing.

“Her name is Harper, she’s a really nice young lady, she is five years old and her parents died in a car accident, her aunt didn’t want her because she presents a condition that is very difficult to deal with,” she said.

“What condition?” Blaine asked. There was no way. Kurt was wondering the same.

“The child presents a condition named                Asperger, she’s the first child we have like that and she is shy but when she likes you, she talks like crazy, she’s cute but nobody shows interest in her.”

Blaine and Kurt looked at each other smiling. This was their child. They knew it.

“We want her,” Blaine said.

“Why would you want her, she’s a very tough case,” the woman said confused.

“My husband Kurt, has Asperger so we know how to handle it,” he said and the woman was shocked but in a good way.

“I understand, are you guys sure?” Kurt picked her up and the girl kissed his cheek. The social worker was surprised; the baby girl had affection towards Kurt, something she had never seen.