"Just A Dream"

"I'm hurt I think. I can't see anything; there something on my eyes, a blindfold maybe?

I kind of know where I am.. I'm pretty sure I'm in a car or a truck, all I know is I can feel a seat next to me, and it's leather. A muffled man's voice is behind me but I don't recognize it. My head's pounding. I reach for the door to leave and that's when I wake up. Lexi, I don't know what it means. "

"Maybe it's about yours and Ethan's prom night?" Lexi says to me smiling.

"So I'm gonna be with Ethan in a truck-car-thing, tied up, and feeling like I'm in pain?" I give her a questioning look.

"Well, I'm not going to judge you if you have some sexual fantasy you're not telling me about."

I hit her shoulder hard. "Seriously Lexi?"

She rubs her shoulder. "Ouch, that hurt." She then turns to me and says "Thanks for walking me home Alice." She looks a little sad.

"Its no problem Lex I mean what are best friends for ?" I wonder what's wrong "Lex, are you ok?"

She looks at me contently. "Thanks for worrying about me it's just my mom, she's just so freaked out by all the missing girls and now that Lena's missing, mom's just gotten worse. Panicked I mean. She won't let me stand outside my house by myself for God's sake, she needs to accept that I'm 16 not 6, I know to fight back if a stranger gets me. Like, bring it on." Lexi 's hands are up like she's ready for a fight. I can't help but laugh.

"Lexi, the closest fight you have gotten into is you against your clothes, tangled in the dryer. Maybe your mom has a point."

She smiles, "Whatever. So, Aly, do you have a way home? We wouldn't want the boogeyman to get a hold of you."

I laughed "Yes whatever would I do if he caught me?" I say sarcastically. "Maybe you call out to your beloved Ethan. Oh, Ethan save me save me I've been captured ."

"Oh my god shut up Lexi we are so close to his house. " Lexi lives two houses down from Ethan the second hottest guy in school. He's also my crush.

"Oh, Aly you're such a worry wart; he can't hear us. He may look like a superhuman but he's not." Lexi said making me chill out a little.

"Lex, Ethan doesn't even know I exist let alone like him," I said a bit sadly but of course Lex has to always try to cheer me up. "He knows you Aly and you know what?"

"What, Lexi?"

"If you totally had the chance you would do him." I push her shoulder. Shes laughing.

"Omg Lexi!" I cover my face with my hands.

"You're not denying it." She smirks like she knows it's true.

"I'm not confirming it either. I really need to get home before it gets dark." I sigh.

"Ok you have fun just make sure you don't fall too deep down that rabbit hole before you get in the back door to your house."

I smile, "Can't make any promises the Chester cat keeps pulling me down."

"Bye Alice"

"Bye Lexi"