Chapter Eleven

As they arrived their cars pulled up to the entrance and the doors were opened for them. Hands reached into the cars to help them and they took them happily. They were ushered through the crowds to the main entrance where they showed their invitations. After the usual searches they moved into the main waiting area and looked around at all the faces there.

Recognizing a few faces, they pointed them out to each other in giddy excitement.

Taking in the atmosphere, they let themselves be swept away with the other guests.

Lexi saw Rachel take out her phone from her bag and smile. She turned her phone around to show a picture of Gary, mark and Howard stood together with the caption "the lost boys.... Finding Neverland" They looked so happy.

She stared at the picture and felt her stomach drop. They were really here, this wasn't a dream. the chances of them actually meeting them were higher than they had ever been.

Suddenly the main doors opened and they turned to find the crowds nearest to the doors being ushered inside. making their way with them Lexi held a breath, this was it, time to see if it was everything her imagination hoped for.

As she walked through the door she let out her breath. In front of her was a magical place, a sea of tiny lights filed the ceiling making it look like a night sky. She looked to the stage and saw the most beautiful back drop she had ever seen in her life, so simple yet so breathtaking.

Taking a glass of champagne, she moved further into the room and noticed the columns had vines wrapped around them, as did most of surfaces to make it look more like a woodland. Small platforms had been raised to look like tree houses and everything down to the teddy bear hanging off the side was amazing, everything flowed seamlessly.

Reaching the tables Lexi noticed each one was adorned with a beautiful small hanging lamp with a single shimmering light inside, looking closely she realized it was to represent Tinkerbelle and a smile crept over her face. Across the table was a shimmer of glitter for fairy dust and Lexi let out an involuntary giggle. Every fine detail was amazing, to the mismatched cutlery and plates, like she had had as child for her tea parties.

A soft rolling mist was crossing the floor, giving the illusion of being in the clouds, it was almost too much to take in at once. Looking at her friends she saw the same expressions of awe at what they were seeing.

"Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?" Phoebe said looking to the ceiling.

"it's beyond magical" Lexi said. she had a sudden feeling of being watched again. she looked around the room at the sea of faces, each face glowing with a smile as they took in all the details.

She looked across at the stage and could see what almost looked like a shadow to the left of the stage. Looking closer she could see it was a person, a person looking directly at her. As another two figures approached, they all seemed to vanish from view.

In the background she could hear the sound of a piano being played softly, the melody almost hypnotizing, as she looked around the room.

Leanne touched her arm gently making her jump. She had been so lost in the moment, she had forgotten where she was. "Were just going to be shown to our table" she said grabbing Lexi's hand and taking her with her.

Walking across the room they passed several tables filled with celebrities, they had already passed Ant and Dec, Dermot O'Leary and Olly Murs. Lexi could see Rachel pulling Liz away from the table as she stood staring at Olly. It really was surreal.

As they kept on walking she realized how close to the front they were getting, surely they would turn back any minute, deciding they had taken them too far. They stopped two tables from the front and were seated. Lexi had the prefect view of the stage from where she sat and she excitedly waited for the music to start. A sea of dance floor spread out in front of them, waiting for the first dances of the night.

To her left Liz squealed and grabbed her arm under the table. Following her gaze, she saw what had caught her attention, weaving their way through the tables were Mark and Howard, about to pass right by their table. As they swiftly made their way past their chairs they both smiled and Howard stopped briefly to say "evening ladies. you all look beautiful" before his gaze landed on Leanne and a small smile turned up the side of his lip.

Marina noticed it too and looked across at Leanne, raising her eyebrows. It wasn't very often it happened, but Leanne turned a very bright shade of red and picked up the menu in front of her avoiding all eye contact.

Suddenly the music started and a spot light hit the stage. In a flash of light there he stood center stage, Gary Barlow. Picking up the microphone he started talk.

"welcome ladies and gentlemen, to our charity ball in aid of the princes's trust. As you can see, this year's theme is Finding Neverland, to celebrate the opening of our show next week, finally making its way to the west end from Broadway. Don't forget to dig deep and donate anything you can and keep an eye out for the auctions throughout the night. Right time for me to shut up and let's get this night started"

As he started singing she felt every single hair stand on end and Liz squeezed her hand. He was there right in front of her, no thousands of screaming fans blocking her view jumping up and down. just a dance floor and her nerves.

Lexi found herself singing along, her feet tapping under the table. she looked back to the stage and instantly caught his eye. He was looking directly at her. she felt like she needed to break the eye contact, but found that she couldn't look away. Suddenly he was walking up the stage away from them and Lexi felt her palms begin to sweat. She had to of dreamt that, he must have been looking at someone directly behind her.

As the song finished they room went wild. cheers and clapping commenced as he made his way from the stage. Walking down the steps to the side of the stage he walked across the dance floor to sit with his band mates and other friends. Lexi tried not to look in his direction too often, but each time she did, she caught his eye again, it made her blush each time, she could of sworn he had gently nodded his head at her, almost like saying hi.

Suddenly the food arrived on the table and they all ate.