five

"ugh hyung what should i do? i think i'm falling deeper in love with him," yuta groaned.
i shrugged. to be honest i knew exactly how he felt. the lack of certainty of what their true feelings are can internally kill you.
"you're no help hyung."
"i'm sorry but what can i say?"

we were sitting in my room circled on my bed. mark was listening intently while yuta was complaining about winwin and mark shyly blushing.

"hey markie," yuta patted mark on the back,

"when're you going to confess to hyuck?"

marks face immediately flushed and started
fidgeting with his fingers. "i-i don't know what you're talking about."

i scoffed at how he tried covering it up. "okay mark we may seem dumb but it's hella obvious."

"i-is it that obvious?" he looked so nervous and it was so cute.

"no not really but because we're close, it is," i smiled reassuringly.

"i don't know if he likes me back," mark said while looking down to his crisscrossed legs, "i hope he does."

yuta sighed. "trust me he does."

mark's head shot up so quickly that you can't even say nct on time. "what?!"

yuta laughed. "if you see the way he looks at you then yeah it's quite obvious."

mark turned his head towards me trying to search for reassurance. "is it true hyung?"

i nodded with a smile. i've been knowing a while, nothing goes unseen with me because i know the feeling all too well. mark and hyuck are so cute; they're basically soul mates. i can't match two better people. not only are they best friends but they're lovers; it's something everyone wishes they have. yuta and winwin are undeniably adorable as well. although winwin may not be as vocal about his feelings, it is evident that there is something going on, but the confusion hits yuta every time which is making him second doubt what he's doing. i can't explain how crazy these boys are for each other. but sometimes things go unseen and unheard.

yuta looked at me. "hyung how about you?"
i cocked an eyebrow. "what about me?"
mark interrupted. "do you have someone?"

at those words, my heart started skipping when my first thought came to jaehyun. my face started burning and i could feel butterflies entering my stomach.

"OH MY GOD!!" yuta screeched.
"WHOOOO?!" mark added.

i plugged my ears with my fingers trying to not die of their high pitched voice. i mean chenle was higher but both of them was just as bad. aw i miss the dreamies.

"LEE TAEYONG. WHO IS IT?!" yuta added with a shocked expression.
i chuckled nervously.
"WHO. IS. IT." mark exclaimed.
i face palmed, feeling the definite heat radiating from my cheeks. "if i tell you, you can't tell anyone."

they both nodded eagerly, trying to pull out the information out of me quickly.
"it's... jaehyun."

their mouths widened. mark placed a hand over his mouth whereas yuta put his thumb and middle finger to his temples.

"WHAT?!" mark screamed again.
"SHUT UP YOU DONT WANT HIM HEARING DO YOU?!" i screeched.
"sorry."
"actually though??" yuta asked.
i nodded. "actually."
"does he like you back?" yuta questioned.

i shrugged. i'm truly unsure if he does. i hope he does at least. if he doesn't i don't know what i would do but i just want him to be happy.

"he probably does," mark said quietly.
my face turned hot again. "what?"
yuta interrupted. "yeah you're right."