twenty six

third pov

tensions had only risen since taeyong ended things with jaehyun. the leader had gone quite cold for a moment to happy, then back to cold. jaehyun on the other hand has stayed quiet, too scared to make a move.

the members had talked about anything but the two's situation. they sat at different ends of the table, farthest away from each other. no one dared to say a word.

taeyong carried on going to superm rehearsals with mark, jaehyun continued to consult with johnny about his worries. it's been two weeks and it's been the same.

however, they weren't the only ones lost. mark and haechan have yet to be mended. they had conversations here and there, knowing that their relationship never ended but somehow felt like it. the two seemed to have difficulties with expressing their emotions.

"haechan," a similar voice called.

haechan turned around with the beating of his heart. it seemed that the male in front of him had not failed once to steal his heart.

"yes?" haechan asked hesitantly.

the older stood there silently. they had come back from practice early as they were both exhausted. their car ride was silent yet their hands didn't fail to find each other. it was a simple action that made both of their adrenaline flow quickly.

the taller sighed. "can we talk?"

haechan nodded and stuck his hand out. mark grabbed it without a second thought and was soon led to haechan's room.

haechan tossed his things messily onto his bed and sat down.

they sat in silence for a while until haechan found the courage to speak up.
they
"what's up?" haechan practically whispered.

"i'm sorry," mark said abruptly.

haechan was in shock. he wasn't expecting to hear mark apologize let alone talk to him about anything else buthas work.

haechan's jaw dropped slightly. "w-what?"

mark let out a loud breath and sat next to haechan. he stared into the tan boy's eyes that were dark brown. he got lost in them and he soon forgot about his problems and stress. that's what haechan made him feel like: free.

"i-i said i'm sorry," mark stuttered and looked down to the ground as he grabbed haechan's hands. "i shouldn't have snapped. after hyung's fight, it made me realize it from your perspective. i was inconsiderate of how you're feeling. i was so concerned about debuting again that i hadn't acknowledged yours."

haechan started to tear up. just as the tanned male was about to say something, mark continued, "it's been difficult without you. i mean you never left, which i'm surprised at, but not hearing your melodic laugh and me being the cause hurt. seeing you so melancholy because of me, hurt. everything hurt without you. i'm so sorry it took me so long to realize. i'm so sorry it took me so long to apologize. i'm so sorry that i didn't say i love you to the ends of this world earlier.

haechan's heart started racing. they haven't said the 'L' word yet. the shorter's frown quickly became a bright smile. it was the smile mark missed seeing so much.

mark had started crying quietly. haechan grabbed his hands and put his index finger under mark's chin to adjust his face to look at him.

"i'm not mad mark, i never really was. i was just scared and sad. it hurt, for sure, but i never wanted or want to lose you. i understand so much that it's so stressful starting a new group, and i'll try my best to be your support system. thank you for finally understanding me."

haechan cupped mark's cheek with a smile and mark placed a kiss in his palm. a tear fell from both of their eyes.

"i love you," haechan smiled.

suddenly, mark's eyes twinkled even more. he had never heard haechan say it.

"i love you too."

the two were finally ok, even if it took a while. they finally felt okay. they were each others beauty.

but the same couldn't be said for taeyong and jaehyun.

taeyong was in the studio. it was currently 11 p.m and he couldn't sleep so he decided to go to the one place that calmed him the most.

he plugged his phone into the speaker and started blasting music.

he stared at his skinny figure in the mirror and sighed. why is this so difficult, he thought.

he started free styling, letting the music take over his body. his moves came off as smooth yet sharp. the flow of the rhythm grew as his mind finally was finally taken off the subject. his eyes never left the mirror.

he danced for fifteen minutes, free styling and grooving until he was drenched in sweat. he paused to catch a breath as he was exhausted after dancing consistently for so long.

the song changed to a familiar song. a song way to familiar, a song that hit him deeper than any.

"baby i'm falling, head over heels," and at those words he felt himself collapse in the studio, sobbing.

it was the song jaehyun sang to him when he confessed.

all different emotions overflowed his body. feelings of regret, sadness, fear, worry and emptiness took over.

it was difficult to feel the things he felt, as it was barely even processed through his mind. his jaehyun was no long his.

he kneeled there, listening to the song, sobbing his heart out.

it hurt him too much to even bear. why was it so difficult? why was everything so much harder without jaehyun? why did he get used to something that was only temporary?

all those questions rang in his head.

his hands had reached his chest. it seemed like he was gripping onto what was left of his heart whilst crying. he couldn't control his tears.

the only thing that he didn't know was that he wasn't alone. jaehyun had woken up from a nightmare and wanted to take a walk. he had walked past by the studio and a familiar figure quickly captivated his attention.

the same figure collapsed to the floor sobbing. the man he loves so much fell onto the floor crying because of him.

jaehyun started crying silently, putting his hand over his mouth so he wouldn't be heard. he leaned against the wall and sobbed quietly, listening to taeyong's cry.

"why did you have to hurt me so much?" taeyong said in the midst of his cry.

hi guys, i hope you had an amazing break! another one for the feels 🥺 also should i post my markhyuck story😳😳 i've been working on it for awhile and i'm not sure whether i should post it or not haha. but i rly like the plot i made, anyways hope u guys are doing amazing. and thank you so much for 2k reads! love all of your support <3 have a good day or night.