thirty one

~jaehyun's pov~

it'd been a few months since i was in the hospital and it was around christmas time. the members and i were setting up the christmas tree and decorations.

everyone was set into their groups for decorations and i was partnered with taeyong since yuta decided to leave us for mark's group.

taeyong opened the box full of ornaments and his eyes gleamed as a bright smile formed on his lips.

i stared at the beautiful, perfect man in front of me. i couldn't believe i fell in love with someone like him- someone so perfect. i couldn't get any luckier.

taeyong looked up to me and cocked his eyebrows. "what?"

i shook my head and chuckled. "nothing, you just look beautiful as usual."

he stood up and walked into my arms as i gripped onto him. he rested his head underneath my chin as i left kisses on his forehead. he nuzzled under my chin and we just stayed there for a while.

"um," johnny whispered. "the managers?"

we chuckled and sighed. "whatever," i said. "they can do whatever they want."

the members stood in awe and i spotted mark holding haechan's hands and haechan resting his head on mark's shoulders. "well look at you," i teased.

mark leaned the side of his face onto haechan's head and blushed.

the managers walked into the hugging session and just stared at us.they looked over to mark and haechan- whom they've been knowing for quite some time now since they weren't slick at all. taeyong buried his face into my chest because he was nervous; he didn't want to lose his job.

mine and his manager sighed and chuckled. "took you long enough," mine said.

taeyong peeked out and gasped. "huh??"

taeyong's manager walked up to him. "we spend everyday together, do you really think we all don't know? same with you mark and haechan."

all our faces turned red with embarrassment.

"you know you never told us how you guys made up," haechan said as he tightened his grip onto mark's hand.

the managers walked out since they got a what seemed an important call.

taeyong and i looked at each other. "did we ever tell them?" he whispered.

"no i don't think so," i whispered back.

"you know we are here too right?" doyoung sassed.

taeyong glared at doyoung and doyoung quickly looked away.

"alright, let's take it back to the day in the hospital," i said.

~flashback~

"i-i.." i choked. it hurt so much finally talking to him about this. and even if he didn't feel the same way i had to say it. "i still love you lee taeyong and i don't think i could ever stop."

taeyong sat in silence and stared at our intertwined fingers.

'please tell me he feels the same way,' i prayed as i looked to the ceiling.

he sighed and looked up to me with teary eyes. "o-of course," he barely whispered. "i still love you. but the thought scares me jae."

"what's scaring you?" i asked softly.