~one~

♡ ♡ ♡

****** the bell rings. It's my first day at a new school. Also my first day of high school. Yes I'm a freshman but it's ok. I just need to make new friends and I'll be good.

I go to lunch. So far I haven't talked to anyone. No one said hi to me or anything. It's ok I guess. I still have the whole school year to make friends.

I get in line for food. The really pretty girl is in front of me. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She looks nice. She's probably the 'popular girl'.

I'm just going down the line and getting my food until at the end of the line that girl gets her tea. She gets her tea and spills it on me. "Oops" She says and giggles. She meant to do it on purpose.

Now my shirt is wet and dirty. I look for a spot to eat lunch. There are no empty tables and I don't fit in with anyone. Ugh. I run to the bathroom and cry.

You see my life ain't easy let me give you some information. When I was younger I loved my family so much. My mom and dad. But then my mom got cancer. She died. Now I live with my dad. My dad turned into an alcoholic. He abuses me and yelled at me. I can't tell him anything or do anything. I just have to live with it.

My life at home is bad as it is. And school just made my life worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school. It's the same as it is. Except I have a bruise on my cheek. My dad hit me yesterday.

I tried to cove most of it up with makeup. You can barley see it. It's not like anyone would care anyway.

I'm sitting in science class. I'm just in my thoughts. Like why would my dad hit me. He has never been like this. Why did he have to change when my mom died. I wish he could've just stayed the same. I wish-

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I stopped thinking and turned around.

Right there is where I saw a beautiful boy. He had chocolate hair. And caramel eyes. He is beautiful.

"Uhh," He says. "Do you wanna be partners" he asks me. "Um sure" I say. Fro what though I should've been paying attention.

"Okay by the way my name is Joey" he says with a smile. He holds out his hand for a handshake. "And I'm felicity" I smile back. We shake hands then find a spot to work at. We chose to go to the library.

When we get to the library we don't actually work. We go through all the aisles. "Do you like reading" Joey asks me. "I'm gonna sound like a nerd but I love reading" I said with a little laugh. "You don't have to be the only nerd I'm one with you, I love reading too" Joey looks into my eyes and smiles as he says this.

We find a table and sit down. "What is this project about anyway" I ask Joey. "I forgot I got distracted by something" Joey looks at me when he says something. "Oh" I gave a small grin.

"What books do you like to read" Joey asks me. "Romance books that are realistic fiction" I tell him. "I like the same type of books" he says and smiles.

The bell rings and we get back to class. Me and Joey grab our stuff then leave. "Well I'll see you around" Joey says. "Ok I'll see you too" I smile. Before Joey walks away I say "uh what Joey" "Yes" He says. "Do wanna sit with me at lunch?" I hope he says yes. Plz say yes. "Sure" he smiles then walks away.
We go our separate ways. Maybe me and him can be friends?

It is finally lunch. I go outside and find Joey. "Hey joey" I say. He looks up from his phone and smiles "hey felicity" he smiles back. "So are you gonna sit with your friends or?" I ask him. "What friends" he chuckles. "I don't have friends I'm new here" he says. "Me too!" I say.

We get in line. We grab our food. Joey was just acting dumb the whole time. I like his personality.

When we find a place to sit Joey asks me "So are we friends or just people who talk to each other?" He says with a little laughter. "We can be friends" I say and smile.