1.28 - Fear of heights

I didn't choose you but my heart did.

◕‿◕✿

"But you didn't tell me the aim of this mission."

Taehyung lazily raises his head from the sofa's backrest and again plops down- waves of energy seems to crash into him. He is attentive for a second but then all of the energy is soaked back from him.

"Uhm, not to scare you off but basically, we need to grab a plane and jump off-"

"WHAT?"

He exclaims so loudly that I have to close my eyes in order to bear the pitch of his voice. I hesitantly nod and occupy a seat on the couch- next to him but still there is distance between us.

"We need to jump off, of course we will have parachute and will land on the top of a ship-"

"That's not a very good way to elucidate, Goeun. And on the top of that how am I going to jump off a freaking plane! As much as it hurts me to say, I am scared of heights."

He successfully interrupts my explanation with as much pressure he can exert in order to prove me that his fear of heights is 100% true.

"There is a particular reason why you became an agent, Taehyung," I sigh and look out for him. He just keeps on exaggerating and walks around the room in nervousness.

"I'd rather jump from a building!"

"Yeah, I agree. A building is a better option."

"Shut up, Goeun!"

"Here, in emergency it will be useful," I hand him the walkie-talkie and introduce its features to him.

"Alright, then you have to press this button and.. it's done."

"Simple, okay," He nods and hangs it inside his belt.

"Ready guys?"

The pilot crouches in the front as we both nod and show him a thumbs up at the same time. He sends the gesture back and walks back on his seat, inside the cockpit.

"Everything is packed right? Weapons?"

"Checked," He touches his pistol and shotgun respectively.

"Key card?"

"Safe, check."

"Bulletproof jacket?"

"Ah.. check," He uncomfortably mutters and I exactly understand how he is feeling.

Suffocated, ugh.

Though, I am used to such things still I feel so irritated at times that I just want to rip off each and every defense or attack equipments present on my body.