Girls' Problem and Some Solutions (YxN)

Yena took a glance to a petite lady beside her. The way her hands arranging her flower is so intriguing, Yena just kept being distracted from her own work.

"Mhm," the instructor gave the curious girl a warning, making her jump a bit.

"I'm sorry," Yena said in a small tone.

It's her first day in an ikebana workshop. She didn't know arranging flower needs a lot of patient, concentration, and... quietness. The silence is slowly killing her. She didn't even know how to arrange all of these flowers nicely.

Yena picked up some baby's wreaths, place it in her vase, then place it out. She did the same with the carnation, daffodil, and freesia. Her action caught the small lady's attention and some of her little giggles.

"Need a hand?" finally the small lady offering her hand. Yena get jumpy a little, but then she returned the small lady's offer.

"Of course," she said, "I don't know where to cut and which one is best for other."

"It's your first time, isn't it? Ikebana tends to make beginner confused at first, but if you get a hang of it, you'll enjoy eventually and will make a great bouquet. Which color?"

"Yellow. Yeah, I agree, this is confusing and the instructor is not much a helper," she said in a small voice, not wanting to catch the instructor's attention again.

The small lady let out that little giggle again. "There's not much an ikebana workshop around here, so yeah, you have to bear the instructor. There you go, I help you pick the flowers, you just need to cut it here and arrange it."

"Oh, thank you. I'm Choi Yena, by the way."

"I'm Yabuki Nako. Please call me Nako. Nice to meet you, Yena-sshi."

"Nice to meet you too, Nako-sshi. I don't know I'll meet a Japanese at this kind of workshop. Did you live around here?"

"Yes, I live at the Apartment Iz downtown. Not too far."

"Oh, that's great. I live around there, too. Are you busy after this? Should we grab a tea or coffee? I know a cafe near your apartment that serving the best coffee in town. I owe you one for helping me, after all."

Nako then show her toothy smile. "It's a pleasure to help you. You don't need to owe me anything, really. But I'm down to your offer."

"Really?" Yena let out a small shriek, making the instructor paid attention to her. She said sorry, then her gaze turned to Nako again, "I'm sorry, Nako-sshi, I'm actually a loud person. I can't wait to get out of here."

"You're interesting," Nako whispered to herself. Concentrated again to her work.

After 20 minutes, the workshop's finally done. Yena and Nako gathered their own things, then walking out from the shop together.

"So, Nako-sshi, are you working or attending college?" asked Yena, opening the conversation between the two.

"I'm a college student. How about you, Yena-sshi?"

"Oh, me too!" the bubbly girl answered cheerfully, "which major are you in?"

"I take Korean literature, year 2. What about you?"

"I'm in Arts and Performance departement. And guess what, I'm your senior. I'm in my 3rd year. So, can I drop the formalities now?"

"Really?" Nako sounded a little surprise. "Of course you can drop the formality, Sunbae-nim."

"Aish, you too can drop the formality. I don't like to be called 'sunbae', even though I'm one. I prefer you called me, 'unnie'. Okay, little Nako?"