Malec

Song Ash plays/wrote. I own nothing

The next day was the preparation for Alec and Lydia's wedding. I was walking up to Izzy as I heard my name.

"That seems like an Ash question." Izzy said. "What's an Ash question?" I asked. "Which color is better for the curtains?" Izzy asked. I looked at the two colors. 24-karat gold or cobalt blue?

"Cobalt blue. Elegant, yet very masculine. Very Alec." I said. "I'll put the cobalt blue out right away." Lindsay said.

"Thanks, Lindsay." I said. "How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on?" Jace asked.

"Good morning to you too, Jace." I said sarcastically. "We haven't had a wedding here in years, people are allowed to be excited." Izzy said.

"We need to focus. Have you narrowed down the list of warlocks more powerful than Magnus Bane?" Jace asked.

"I've got it down to 20. One of them which Magnus will not be happy or convinced about." I said.

"Which one is that?" Jace asked. "Ragnor Fell. He and Magnus are good friends. Great ones at that, and let's just say Magnus has lots of competitive spirit." I said.

"It's gonna be hard to narrow down which one cast that spell on Jocelyn." Izzy said. "I don't care how tough it is. We got to find him. Back at Renwicks I let Valentine go. I won't make that same mistake again." Jace said.

"We have to wake up Jocelyn and see if she heard anything about his plan. Have you talked to Alec, Jace?" I asked. "He's probably busy, what with wedding plans and all. And I don't need to talk to anyone. Let's just stick to the mission, okay?" Jace said and walked away.

"Alright. Operation Bachelor Party is officially a go." I said to Izzy. "Before we jump to that, give Magnus an invitation. This could be his last chance to save Alec from himself." Izzy said.

"You do have a point there." I said. This is the first text message I've ever sent to Magnus. Our first time communicating without using fire messages.

'Magnus, it's Ash. Crazy this isn't over a piece of burning paper. Give Alec one last call, if it doesn't work out, don't be a stranger to the wedding. Make the wedding Alec's very last chance.'

I bumped into Scout on my way to pick out an outfit for tomorrow.

"Hey. Sorry I totally didn't see you." I said. "It's okay. It's pretty crazy here, huh. You excited?" I asked.

"My brother's getting married. His choice of bride may not have very high points with me, but I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said.

"On the subject of the wedding, would you... maybe... wanna be my date?" Scout asked. Like a 'date' date or just a date to the wedding? Her question caught me off guard. I chuckled awkwardly.

"Um... yeah. Sure. Why not?" I said. "Great. I'll, uh, I'll see you tomorrow night." Scout said. "See ya." I said and she walked away.

Did I just land myself a date with a girl? I quickly went into my room and called Magnus before Alec could get there.

"Hello?" "Magnus, I need some gay advice." I said. "I'm all ears." is all he said.

"Scout just asked me to be her date to the wedding tomorrow night. And I said yes. Is it possible she likes me?" I asked.

"Ash, my dear, I say this with love and because I'm your best friend; She literally asked you if you would be her date!" Magnus said. If we were talking face to face, he probably would've shaken me as he said that.