Darth Maul and The Price

{Silver's POV}

I felt like I was going to fall at every step, but none of us did, until Obi-wan was thrown from the top.

I followed Master Qui-Gon as we charged at the Sith, and I saw that Obi-Wan was blocked by the so - called 'shields'.

I was standing next to Qui-Gon, my saber staff deactivated, yet still now in my hand. "Master." I said quietly.

Suddenly, as the shields opened, our lightsabers ignited again, and it was simultaneous as we both charged.

I wasn't looking for Obi-Wan anymore, and it was too important to defeat this Sith, rather then to be look for him now.

I was thrown by the Force into the wall, and I was knocked hard, and I felt the agony in my head again.

I was just standing up, when I saw it happen. "No!" I screamed, and I heard Obi-Wan's shout as well.

I watched as Qui-Gon Jinn fell, and his lightsaber fell from his hand.

I was now feeling agony as if like I had never been in before. Qui-Gon Jinn was a father.

To me, and Obi-Wan both.

Not just a Master, but a father figure that we both had desperately needed at the time in our lives.

The Sith turned to me, and I looked at him. "You will pay for that!" I shouted, and I yelled with fury.

I grabbed my staff and charged at him, swinging my staff hard, and I felt the sudden, and just as reassuring presence of Obi-Wan again.

I felt the pain both of us were now in as we fought, but this time, we fought together, not as two separate beings.

But, we were as a team this time, as one team. I was sent tumbling, but I came back just as fast, determined I would avenge my Master, just as he would have done for me.

For a time, we had the advantage, but that never lasted long. Even with our constant pain in our souls.

The anger beyond belief, even then, we didn't use them. I was letting my emotions grow cold and stale, if you would call it that, and I let them go.

I poured everything I had, out of me.

All of the grief. The pain. I forced my emotions to turn into strength that I'd desperately need to finish this.

I saw the slash from one side, and I blocked just enough, so that I wasn't hit, and Obi-Wan's lightsaber came down and cut the staff in half.

I knocked the one half away, and I was quickly blasted away with the Force once again, and I felt a flash.

I was suddenly in a different place entirely, and in front of me, stood a figure. "Master Qui-Gon."

I said quietly. "Am I..." I started, but he shook his head at me. "No. You are not yet ready to cross into the Force."

He said, and I looked at him, and bowed to him quickly. "You will not yet die young one. But Obi-Wan still might, if you do not return."

Qui-Gon said, and I looked at him.

"How do I awaken?" I asked, and he looked at me. "Awaken Skywalker you will rise again today."

He said.

I opened my eyes, and Darth Maul stood over me. I saw the lightsaber blade coming down, and my saber staff appeared in my hands barely time fast enough to block it.

I felt my strength waning, and I suddenly shoved hard with the Force and Maul staggered back hard.

I charged after him, and he knocked my staff away and Obi-Wan was there and suddenly Maul coughed.

I saw that Obi-Wan had cut straight through him, and Maul fell down into the chute, his body splitting in half.

I retrieved my staff with the force, as we ran over to our Master who was in a conscious state, barely hanging on.

"Master." I said quietly, and we knelt next to him. "Train the boy. Please one of you must." He whispered.

"We will. One of us of course will." I said quietly, feeling tears prickling at my eyes, and he shuddered.

"You were the always the best padawans. Even if we had to break the rules to make it so."

He said quietly, and his eyes closed, and I saw his face relax. I looked at Obi-Wan, and he hugged me.

I shut my eyes briefly, and for minutes, allowed the tears to fall as I felt the pain and grief.

I looked at Obi-Wan, and we both stood up, and I took his lightsaber, and handed it to Obi-Wan.

"He was your Master first." I said, and he took it from me, and nodded. "Let's go."

He said, and with that, the grief left us, and was gone, as we brought our Master's body away from this place.

I saw Anakin come back out of the Naboo warship cockpit, and I looked at him. He looked at me.

"Where's Master Qui-Gon?" He asked, and I lowered my head at Obi-Wan as I felt sick to my stomach at the news.

"He's gone Ani." I said quietly, and I helped Obi-Wan as we carried him to the ship, where Padmé met us there.

"The Sith?" She asked.

"Dead." I said quietly, my voice hollow. "I'm sorry." I heard her say, just before I walked onboard.

I was meditating in the belly of the ship, and I concentrated as I felt the Force around me.

The ship had taken off hours ago, and I had not slept now, since time before, the fight for Naboo.

I was almost asleep, when I heard the doors open, and I knew we arrived on Coruscant.

"Young Skywalker." A very familiar voice said, and I opened my eyes to see Yoda standing there, his stick in hand as always.

"Hello Master Yoda." I said quietly. "It is time it is. The funeral, then training begins, it does." The Master said.

"Yes Grand Master." I said, and stood up, bowing to him, before walking out past him.

I had changed my attire quickly, before I came out to see Anakin and Obi-Wan waiting for me.

"Senior apprentice lights the pyre." I said quietly, as I walked with them to the funeral pyre.

I smiled only slightly, when I saw that Anakin was in a Jedi robe. I looked up and saw Qui-Gon Jinn as Force Ghost.

I lowered my head to watch the body burn, knowing only this, for absolute certain.

That nothing would be the same for a long time. Not for a very very long time and especially not for the Jedi.

I thought to myself, as I turned and walked away from the funeral pyre, as the last of it was now burnt away.

I went into the Jedi Temple, and found Yoda and Mace Windu waiting for me.

"Trials you must now do. If you wish to train your brother." Yoda said, and I looked at him.

"I am ready Master Yoda." I said, and Mace Windu nodded at me. "Take up your lightsaber young one. Then you begin the trials."

He said, and I walked after them quickly, holding my lightsaber in my hands, as I like I walked into my future as I followed the Masters.