Chapter 20 - He Calls It "Making Up Lost Time"

I smiled a slick one and let him in. We walked upstairs and got into my bed. I turned the lights out so that my little lamp was the only thing glowing. I snuggled up under him and said "Explain why you were gone."

He didn't hesitate. He sighed and said "My moms getting worse... I was out hustling in Old Park view with a partna of mine. All the time I had been gone I was circling out of state tryna..." He trailed off then continued "Tryna jug and sell a few pounds." I shook my heard in his chest wondering how much a few was. I silently prayed he didn't turn out like his brother "I came back because things got bad... I don't owe anybody any money I just..." I spoke up "Just what Stephon?" He looked down at me "Just got into a fight with this dude about something stupid and he got his team on me and tried to shoot me up... He only grazed my arm." He tried to laugh it off. "He could shoot if someone paid him to."

What he said finally clicked in my head and I sat up abruptly and made him lift up his sleeve. He had a big bruise there that looked like he got shot with a really big BB gun. I hit him although I don't really know why I was pissed about thew whole thing though. "What the fuck Stephon! How many time do I have to tell you you can come to me for these things." He was about to cut me off and say something about his pride but I talked over him "I don't care about your pride Stephon! I care about you!"

I was so mad so I kept talking not letting him say anything "At least go to my dad or something! Don't go out off your way to do nothing like that! I really like your mom and I promise you she will be fine but we both now she wouldn't want you out there hustling and stealing for her or-" I couldn't finish because he sat up and kissed me. For a minute I was getting sucked into it but then I stopped and pushed him off of me. "No Stephon no! Kisses fix a lot of things but the won't fix this... No....not at all will they fix this!"

I was up and out of the bed looking at him. I was breathing heavily while he just sat there and looked at me before he finally sat up and said "Come here." Hesitantly I walked over and crawled into the bed and laid in his arms. He wrapped me up while he sat up against my head board. "Is that all you were doing?" He looked down at me and said "Yes baby" and gave me a little kiss.

"What now?" I asked, I didn't want to talk about him being gone anymore. "Anything." He said "Were making up lost time. "

For the rest of the night we watched scary movies until we fell asleep. And in the morning we woke up together until I went to take a shower and came back to an empty bed with only a letter within its ruffled sheets. It was a letter to me from Stephon claiming he had to go and that he would be back as soon as he could. It ended with I love you.