Chapter 16 - Pictures

When the ceremony was over me, Zoel, Calvin, and Isaiah walked outside where nobody was standing so we could take pictures. We tried to wait for Stephon but he was still talking to his mom so we took some without him. "OH MY GOD I AM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU! I'VE SEEN YOU GUYS GROW FROM BABIES!" London said mocking Aliyah's mom. We all laughed and stood to take a picture Isaiah's grand ma wanted on her phone. I stood in between the couples and smiled happily even though I looked alone. Then Stephon came out of no where and grabbed me from behind and whirled me around and in the middle of us kissing, Isaiah's grand mom took the picture.

"What's the move after this?" Zoel asked "Ha! I don't know Yemanja!" Stephon said playfully. She hit him and gave a hard look saying don't call me that. I looked at Aliyah and Calvin and Zoel and Isaiah and wondered were there relationship were headed. I knew Zoel was going to New York and Aliyah to Florida but Calvin and Isaiah definitely weren't just gonna follow them...

Then I started thinking about me and Stephon. I had gotten many scholarships and grants and scouts (I hadn't told anyone about) sending me their stuff, I just didn't know which on I wanted to do. I was in love with LA and The California Institute of the Arts sounded nice because I had been wanting to get into acting but then the New York Film Academy had everything to and it was in lots of different places like LA and NYC. But if I went to NYC I would be closer to Zoel and we'd be able to go shopping and make Starbucks Stops and I could go to her performances and she'd come to mine... It all sounded nice but where would Stephon and Aliyah be in all of this? I started thinking Aliyah would get jealous that me and Zoel could always be together while she was in Florida but there was a scout that asked me about Full Sail University in Florida. There were so many choices that I was confused and quite sad about it. There were choices that would benefit Stephon and my parents (if he's not going to college) then there were choices I felt would benefit myself... I don't know

I had to stop thinking about that and think about the now. Because now we were all happy and not thinking about what was coming to mor or the day after that and how vagabond our lives would be. "Imani! Come here!" London said to snap me out of it. She came to me and was like "I see the look on you face. Stop worrying. " how did she know what I was thinking about? "What you got on up under your gown?" She asked. I had completely forgot about my cute ass outfit so I took off my gown and left my cap on. I adjusted my skirt to make it a little longer made sure my hair was okay. "DAMN MANI! That's a sexy ass skirt! Imma need to take that when I graduate." We laughed and her friends started calling her so she left and Stephon came next to me.

"You look really nice ... Beautiful actually." "Thank you." I said remembering how he pissed me off. He seen my face "Look. I'm sorry I haven't been responding or telling you where I've been or that I'm okay." He looked around as if looking for someone "But I am... Okay." "I don't believe you... Stephon you can't just disappear and not tell anybody where you are! You had me dying to know where you've been." "And I'll tell you..." He gave me a sympathetic look and put his hands in his pockets "Just not here" he leaned in closer. I thought he was about to kiss me. "When can I see you alone?" "I don't know." I shrugged "...Tonight I guess." "Okay then. You going to Lela's graduation party?" I gave him a fuck you look. "Okay, okay Bae." He laughed "I missed you... Come here." He held his hands out and we hugged and kissed.

We walked back over to everyone and talked about going college and where we were going to dinner tonight. We all decided Copeland's and that we would met around 7. "I'm invited too right?" London asked budging in "Yeah sis, your invited. " I said putting my arm around her.

Stephon said since were all going to eat he'll sneak in my house after dinner so we could talk.