Chapter 3 - Senior Skip Day

I woke up to a horn honking outside my window and it sounded like Zoel's because she never stops until she gets your attention. So she's constantly honking the horn without stopping. But then it stopped and I went back to sleep until someone bust in my room and I looked up. It was Zoel and Aliyah. I almost cussed them out. "What the fuck are you doing here wakin' a nigga up at 7 in the am." "Oh snap bruh. I ain't never heard Imani cuss like that. But get up. Were going on a Senior vaca." Zoel said, she hit my foot at the bottom of the bed. "And yes we already talked to your ma dukes and dad and they said yes it will be good for you. So get up we'll help you pack." When she said that something hit me. Like I've got to get out more something that told me you need to go with them because you only have one Senior Skip Day because I wasn't getting held back and even if I was it would never be like my first. So I sat up and smiled at them and they nearly started screaming because they always had to force me to get out the house but this time they knew I was with it. So we turned on Pandora and since they always spend the night they know where all my stuff is so I left them to do the packing because I didn't even know where we were going.

I went into the bathroom to washed up. I took a shower washed my face and brush my teeth. Then I put all my little toiletries into a bag and in to my suitcase. "Aye what's in these?" Aliyah asked pointing to the big pile of gifts in the corner of my room. "Oh I don't know I haven't opened them yet." "Girl you playin' I would have been opened these, they look expensive too. Yo family got the cash." "I mean we can open them. If we have time... Do we?" I asked Zoel "Why you think we don't?" She asked "Well because you woke me up at 7 am I feel like we have a time schedule." "Well our flight don't leave until 8:45 and its 7:46 right now so I guess we do." "Damn where we going'?" "LA baby!" Aliyah said smiling. I laughed "Okay let's open them." I said walking to the pile. "Oh whatever you don't want I call dibs." Aliyah said "Okay." I responded

There were about 17 gifts some really small and some really big. In the small ones there was little expensive things like diamond rings, charm bracelets, necklaces, MK clutches, and gift cards. In the big ones there was lots of designer clothes, about 5 different pairs of floral print roshe runs, and tumblr t-shirts (which I loved). So some of it I put into my suitcase and then got dressed. I put on some gray sweat pants with a tight light pink quarter sleeve shirt and some of my new roshes.  After that I kind of got dolled up. I put my hair in a cute bun, put on some Channel perfume with my diamond studs and changed purses to my new brown and gold MK bag with some MAC Red Lipstick. I don't know why but for some reason I felt like I had to look presentable or in other words dope. I turned around to Aliyah and Zoel and they smiled at each other. "Good." Zoel said "You don't look the way you did this morning." "And how did I look this morning?" I asked "Bummy." She said.

*****

Zoel's moms black Escalade pulled up in my drive thru at 8:15 sharp and they helped me pile everything in the car and we drove off right after I made my five minute run thru in my room making sure I had everything.

We got to the Airport at 8:30 and took all our stuff out the car. "Bye mama." We said to Zoel's mom and she drove off. We got our tickets and sat in the food court until I said I wanted to go get me some Starbucks. I told them to call me if anything happened before I got up and left my things with them. Come to find out Starbucks is down a few halls and past a few corners near a book store in the Airport so I was trying to be as fast as possible so I got me a cheese danish and a Venti Raspberry Vanilla Bean Frappacino. I ate my danish quick because I was so hungry and by the time I turned the corner to enter the food court it was gone. I looked for Zoel and Aliyah and didn't see them until Zoel raised her hand and started waving me over there to them. As I got closer I realized they weren't alone . They were sitting with Isaiah, Calvin, and Stephan! I was so dead (even though Stephan looked really good. He had on some black and white Adidas Hammer pants with his Jays and a black white and red Nike T-shirt he was just prepping all of them... okay). So I walked toward them slowly Aliyah and Zoel were smiling wide and sat in the chair in front of them. I put my drink on the table and my bag in my lap. I clasped my fingers together and looked them dead in the eye. "What is this?" I asked " Surprise!" "Are they coming with us? Is this why you guys were all smiles and giggles this morning in my room?" They nodded. Oh wow! I wasn't really disappointed or like 'I wanna go home' over the situation I was just shocked and ready to see how this weekend would go. So I smiled and sat back in my chair and said quietly but loud enough so they could hear "you guys are a hot damn mess."