(13) Sweet Sixteen

By the time Ellie and her grandmothers were back it was almost time for her party. She came into the bedroom just as Bucky came out of the shower.

"Jesus Christ" he whispered.

"Sorry.." she said

"Where have you been?" He said as he pulled on his boxers as she kept her back to him.

He walked up behind.."there's Ellie Kate we all know."as he twirled a strand.

He saw her stuff on her bed. "Grandma Cooper..so classy." He said when he saw her dress.

She smirked.

He finished getting himself ready then left. She started to get herself ready. She stood at the top of the stairs "Buchanan." Edith said

"Oh sorry." He said as he ran up the stairs and escorted her down.

They left the cabin as they went into town. Anna and Edith ended up taking over her birthday party. They were able to do it all in a 24 hour period.

They got a ballroom at the hotel they were staying at. They turned it into a "Breakfast At Tiffany's" theme. Ellie loved it cause that is one of her favorite movies.

Ellie was old fashion she loved all the old romance movies. She believed in a fairytale romance but it wasn't her parents marriage that made her believe. It was someone else's storybook romance that gave her that hope. That couple was James and Winnie.

Ellie hugged everyone and said thank you. Taylor claimed she had a headache and couldn't come to the party.

Ryan went over to the DJ booth. He turned on some music. Ryan led his daughter out on the floor. They started to waltz to "Stand By Me"

"Dad what are they doing?" Bucky said

"The waltz son." James said as he led Winnie out and started to dance with her.

"I have to dance with her and she already knows how.." Bucky whispered.

They all continued to show other 7 teenagers how to ballroom dance. Ryan walked over to Bucky "Come here I never let you look bad now have I?" Ryan said

"No but I cant do this..I will make her look bad." He said

Ryan put them into frame with each other. Ryan counted for him as the song started.

"Ryan no..this song is to fast.." he said as "I Cant Help Myself." was playing.

"James.." James said as he came over.

"No Im sorry Elle.." he said as he walked away.

He went to get some air. He hid behind the hotel and lit up a joint. When he didn't come back in after a few minutes Ryan and James went to find him.

"James Buchanan." James said

Bucky tried to fan the smell and put out his joint.."James.." Ryan said

"Sorry..I just needed some air." He said

"And a joint?" James said

He looked down "get inside."

When they walked in Ellie was dancing the cha cha to "Signed Sealed Delivered" with Charles.

Ryan joined them on the dance floor. "Jailhouse Rock." Started to play as he and Ellie started to do a quickstep.

"Whoo Elliot and Coop." James said.

Bucky smiled as she was smiling her a real smile. Steve and the boys came over. "We should of been going to more balls." Sam said

"Yeah.." Bucky said

It was finally time to open presents. Ryan got her a star necklace from Tiffanys and a new pair of ballet toe shoes. She saw a small bag that was purple that said "From the Barnes." They got her a ballerina necklace.

"Your present from us we will do when we get back." Anna said

"Yes ma'am." She said

Sophie and John got her tickets to the NY Ballet show. That night after everybody went home. Bucky opened his suitcase and pulled out a Pandora box.

"Elle.." he said

She turned around "Happy Birthday." He said as he hands it to her.

"Is it a dead frog?" She said

"No just open it." He said

She carefully opened it to reveal a Pandora Ballet charm bracelet. "Oh thank you Bucky." She said

"Just dont tell anyone.' He said

"I know how this works by now." She said as she put it in her suitcase.

He looked down then hit their light. He turned on his fan and got in his bed. "Good night Elle." He said

"Good night little James." She said as she rolled to her side.

Bucky rolled to his side and went to sleep.