(16) An Assault Charge

-two weeks later*

Just before Bucky's knee injury he had started seeing a girl named Dallas Mattingly. She was transferred in earlier in the school year. She quickly started to date a team mate of Bucky's Austin Baker.

Once he returned to school after his six week recovery time was up and spring break was over. He and Dallas were all over each other again,but he was getting the feeling that their social circle knew something he didn't.

It was a rainy April day when Bucky pulled Sam aside. "Hey man I trust that you will be honest with me. Is there something I should know? Cause I get the feeling that you all know something that I don't." Bucky said

Sam swallowed hard. "Dallas is cheating. She got back with Austin while you have been laid up. She even went to Cabo with him and his family for spring break. Thats all I know man.." Sam said

Bucky balled up his fists till his knuckles were white. He was seething he walked off to go to lunch. He found Austin and made a bee line.

Bucky hauled off and punched him,causing Austin to drop his tray of food. Bucky punched him two more times before Austin started to throw blows.

"You fucking bastard! You slept with my girl!!" He yelled as Steve and Sam held him back as Austin's friends held him.

Dallas walked over to them. "Dallas how could you do that to me?" Bucky said

She swallowed hard. "Barnes Baker..office now." Coulson said

They were both sitting in the office as Coulson made phone calls to their parents. Both sets of parents came into the office. "James.." Winnie whispered when she seen his face and knuckles.

"He is suspended for a week. He instigated the fight everyone said he walked in and made a bee line for Austin Baker." Coulson said

"Thank You Mr Coulson." James said

They left before Austin's parents came in. Bucky left with his mom who got him checked out by the ER. That night they were enjoying a nice family dinner with Ellie and Ryan. Taylor wasnt able to come home yet so she was still at the hospital.

As they were eating they seen lights throught the windows. "What the hell?" James said

There was a knock on their front door. James went to answer.

"Can I help you officers?" James said

"Yes we are looking for your son..James Buchanan Barnes." The officer said.

"My son? Hes been home since 1 and has been laid up for the last six weeks due to a knee injury. What is this about?" James said

"He is been charged with assault by the parents of Austin Baker." The officer said.

Bucky walked up behind his dad with Ryan. "Let him go..I will take care of it James.." Ryan said in his ear.

"Winnie darlin you and Elle stay here." James yelled.

Winnie closed her eyes as tears fell when she heard the officer say.

"James Barnes you are under arrest anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney if you cant...." the officer said as he put the cuffs on Bucky and lead him to the cruiser.

Ryan and James followed in behind them to the station. Once down there with both James and Ryan in the interrogation room. A detective Alvin Carlton came in.

"Mr Barnes..you are being charged with assault in the 1st degree. It appears that you broke Mr Baker's nose cheek bone and eye brow bone. And judging by the bruises on your face you got in the most bruises." Detective Carlton said