Chapter 1

Alexander sighed, frustrated with the meeting he had just walked out of. Man, Thomas was such a pain! He was always arguing with Alex, and always had Aaron and James to back him up. Alexander didn't take debate class in high school to deal with this.

He decided to text his friends John, Lafayette and Hercules to see if they wanted to hang out and play video games or something.

writing.god: hey anyone wanna hang out and do something? We haven't seen each other in a while.
turtleman248: sure Alex! That sounds like fun
herc_da_man: hell yeah! Lafayette are you down to hang out?
baguetteXcrossiant: of course, anything for you guys! Wanna come over and watch Disney movies until we all fall asleep or something?
writing.god: um sure that sounds great, see ya soon
turtleman248: yeah see you soon guys

Man, Alex was really grateful to have chill friends like his. He grabbed his jacket and headed back out the door, walking over to Lafayette's apartment.

*Alex's POV*

I walked in to Laf's house, and oh my word it was amazing! He's seriously changed since his last fallout, and it was definitely for the better. There were stringed pale yellow lights softly hanging around the house, chill music playing in the background, a bunch of plants in pastel pots. Right as I was hanging up my coat Lafayette walked in from the kitchen.

"Alexander, bienvenu! So glad you came!" Laf said, hugging me warmly.

"Glad you were nice enough to let me come over," I replied, returning the hug. How I missed such welcoming arms.

"How have you been lately?" Laf asked. I tensed a little bit but answered.

"Okay..." I muttered, hoping I managed to muster enough enthusiasm to convince Lafayette I was doing alright. But he wasn't having it.

"Alexander. You know you can tell me what's wrong...right?" Laf said, his face nearly breaking my heart.

"Yeah, I know, it's just..."

"It's just what?"

"...nevermind, it's n-nothing," I mumbled.

"The tears staining my sweatshirt tell me otherwise, mon ami," Laf slightly smiled, but it was a fragile smile, as if he were ready to break any second. I couldn't cry, I had to protect that smile...I'm not supposed to cry. I, I can't let Lafayette think I'm sad.

"They're, uh, tears of...h-happiness?" I tried to say, but my sobs interrupted me.

"Non, I know you're lying. Come here," he said, pulling me into a hug. I laid there, warm and content, continuing to softly cry into his chest.

After a few minutes I calmed down, sat up and reached for the remote, desperate to try to move past this so I looked presentable for the others. But before my hands even brushed against the remote, Laf pulled me back. He cupped my face with his hands, gently wiped away the tears I had missed, and kissed my forehead. My face went warm, I was confused in all honesty.

"It's um, something we do in France when comforting people!" Laf said, his face seemingly tinted with the slightest bit of pink as well.

"Oh, okay," I said, brushing it off for now. I put on some cartoons, and we watched television until the guys arrived.

*Lafayette's POV*

Merde, I had totally made it awkward! I completely disgraced myself by lying to dear Alexander, but I simply couldn't tell him the real reason. It's not like it's a bad thing in France to be gay, but my family...well, let's say they were hoping I'd bring an American girl on my arms when I fly to visit them next summer.

Besides, what if Alexander doesn't share the feelings I have for him? He and John dated at one point, but decided they were better off as friends. What if that happens to me and Alex? I couldn't possibly...non. I will push this thought out of my head, and since John and Hercules have arrived I had better go greet them.

*nobody's POV*

Lafayette went to go get the door, greeting his friends with a smile and some fist bumps.

"Is anyone up for chocolat chaud and crème glacée?" Lafayette asked, liking to make his friends take the time to guess what he was saying. Little did he know, Alex had actually been taking French for the past few months and was getting pretty fluent in understanding it, speaking was a little bit challenging though.

"Oui, some hot chocolate and ice cream sounds amazing. What flavors do you have?" Alexander asked casually, slightly smirking at Lafayette's shocked face.

"Man, how'd you know what he said?" Hercules asked, laughing a bit.

"Classes. Anyway, what flavors of ice cream are there, Laf?" Alex flipped his slightly long hair. That brought Lafayette back to reality, listing the ice creams he had in his freezer.

-later-

"BUT KAREN DESERVED BETTER!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? REGINA GOT HIT BY A BUS!"

"WELL SHE DESERVED ANYWAY!"

"ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY JUST GOING TO FORGET HOW UNAPPRECIATED GRETCHEN WAS THE ENTIRE MOVIE!?!!"

They were all screaming at each other, just having finished Mean Girls for the first time. Who knew that pistachio ice cream of all flavors would give them such a sugar high?

John and Hercules had promised to go to a party with Angelica, leaving Lafayette and Alexander alone.

*Lafayette's POV*

"So...are we gonna talk?"