Chapter 5

*Alex's POV*

What in the world. Was I really existing right now? Is Thomas's job was in my hands? I have no idea what to do. I mean, he harassed me and all, but still! He needs a job, right? But, he traumatized me, I don't know if I want him near me...this will need a lot of thinking. But, I should save that for later, I want to relax after an eventful day. I walked back to Lafayette, practically collapsing in his arms.

"Wanna watch Mean Girls again?" Laf chuckled, holding me up so I wouldn't fall, knowing that if I get to chance to lay on the floor I'm probably gonna fall asleep there.

"Nah, I wanna wait until all four of us can watch with Dad."

"Wow, you've adapted to that quick."

"I, uh, have been kind of wanting to for a while, so..." I hid my face in my hands, looking away.

"Why do you feel the need to hide your beautiful face?" Laf said, removing my hands from my face and kissing me. I was hesitant to kiss back, remembering the way Thomas...I pulled away, covering my mouth.

"I-I'm sorry, I forgot about...him. I'll hold back, I promise, and I'll wait for you to come to me."
Laf stepped back a little bit.

"No, it's not your fault, it's...his. But I think I'll need some time before I'm ready for stuff like that again...for now, can we go eat ice cream and watch Heathers?"

"Hell. Yes," Laf said, already grabbing the ice cream. I started up Netflix, and Laf came back to the couch with two bowls and two spoons.

-after the movie-

"Laf, I am serious! She faked her death so well! And JD had the saddest death ever, no matter who poisoned Heather Chandler! And if I am being honest, JD is SO CUTE--"

"As cute as me?" Laf asked, making me blush.

"Of course not, you're definitely cuter," I snapped back jokingly, making him red as a strawberry. Huh, reminded me of the ice cream we're eating.

"Can I kiss you?"

"I, um, I-I thought you were still...you know..."

"Yeah, but can we at least try?" I asked.

"Alex, I love you and you know that, but I also know that we really should wait. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to kiss you right now. I just feel like we really should just...wait."

"Thank you. I guess all the ice cream just made me kinda hyper, somewhat."

"Really? Because you look incredibly tired."

"It's my kind of hyper," I mumbled, laying on Lafayette's chest, feeling very energy-drained after the day's events.

"Let's go to sleep, so you can work in the morning."

"That sounds like an amazing idea," I said. All of a sudden he picked me up, and carried me to his bedroom. I hid my hands in my face, blushing madly.

I squeaked when he threw me on the bed, him laughing. I kept my face hidden, I guess I'm not really sure why. He took my hands and moved them away from my face, and said

"Why do you keep hiding your beautiful face?" He said softly, looking at me with a look of innocence that made my heart melt. Then he gently set my hands down, and started to tickle me.

"L-Laf, what're you doing!? AH LAF NO—!" I laughed, jumping up and trying to escape. He grabbed my ankle, holding me down and tickling me.

"HAHAHAHA STOP, LAF I CAN'T BREATHE OH MY GOODNESS STOP HAHAHA STOP!"
I was seriously running out of air, and he wasn't listening. So I pushed him off of me, immediately attacking his sides and neck.

He giggled, and those giggles soon turned into full-blown hysterical laughing. This was amazing, comforting in a way.

We flopped next to each other, out of breath.

"Wanna go to bed NOW?" Laf said through his hard breathing.

"Yeah," I whispered, my voice cracking.

I wrapped my arms around him, feeling his warmth. He closed me in a comforting hug, warm and soft and perfect. I fell asleep easily, something I hadn't been able to do for months. As I drifted off into sleep, I heard Lafayette.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I replied, snuggling up to him, feeling grateful for such an amazing boyfriend.