Chapter 18

*ding*

John and Hercules had just picked up Lafayette from his job and were on their way to the bar when John's phone went off.

"Hey man, check my phone for me, I'm driving," John told Hercules, who was in the passenger seat next to John. Hercules unlocked John's phone, checking the messages.

"Dude, it says it's from a blocked number," Hercules said, showing John the phone number.

"I don't recognize the number, go ahead and accept the messages," John says, his eyes back on the road. Hercules hesitated for a moment, before clicking "accept".

John heard Hercules gasp, and glanced at the photos on the phone.

"Dude! That's James and...huh? Who's that?" John asked, Hercules shrugging. Lafayette heard the commotion through his headphones, and leaned forward to see the phone.

"John, take the exit and go to Alex's office now! Hercules, send that to Alex and tell him we're on our way to him," Lafayette said hurriedly, calling Alex.

"Why, who's the kid?" Hercules asked, forwarding the pictures to Alex.

"I'll explain when we have time."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey Laf, what's up?" Alex tried to say casually.

"I already know, but I'm not mad at you. We're on our way to your office, Hercules is sending you the photos we got from a random number and we need Aaron's help tracing the phone number," Lafayette said as he nervously bounced his leg. He was gripping the seatbelt, trying not to panic.

"Okay, I'm s-so sorry I let this happen," Alex's voice shook slightly.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Don't worry. We'll be there soon, love you," Lafayette said, hanging up.

"Wait...are you two dating?" John asked, Hercules looking back at him.

"Oh, yeah...sorry for not telling you, it's fairly recent," Lafayette apologized.

The two in the front of the car said it was fine, and the car was silent as the tension grew thicker. Everyone was worried sick, though John and Hercules were mostly confused. Why were they helping an enemy?

They would soon have all their questions answered, at least that's what they hoped for as the pulled in the parking lot.