Where Is He?

(Authors Note: this one takes place back when Mic and Aizawa were students at UA)

Aizawa waited patiently outside the school gates. His friend was usually here by now, it was unlike him to be this late. Though his friend could be highly annoying and loud, he's still one to keep his attendance up. He figured maybe he wasn't coming in today and walked inside.
"I'll message him at break."

The teacher began to do roll call. They called our name by name.
"Aizawa Shota?" Aizawa raises his hand. He glanced at the empty seat next to him. Everything was so quiet when he wasn't around. Before they were friends, he would have been grateful. But he became to close with his friend and now it feels weird to be without him.
"Hizashi Yamada?" There was silence. Aizawa hung his head. He heard a couple people sigh or laugh in the back. He took a moment to compose himself, because if he hadn't he certainly would have burst.
"Not here. Okay"

When break eventually swung by, Aizawa pulled out his phone.
"Hello"
"Hizashi"
"Are you there?"
Aizawa awaited a response as the typing symbol appeared.
"Yes I'm here!" Aizawa sighed in relief and dialed the number. Hizashi picked up.
"Where are you today?" He asked. Hizashi was silence across the line for a moment.
"I just had some trouble at home and didn't make it early enough to bother coming. I'll be there with ya tomorrow, okay?!"
"Yeah ok. See you then"
Aizawa hung up the phone and smiled a bit. 'He's okay. He had me worried for a moment there'

The next day came around and he waited at the gate for Hizashi as usual. He heard his silly voice call his name and he glanced up. He thought he'd be smiling to see his friend again, but that's not what happened. Hizashi's hair was a mess, and he had bandages wrapped all around his face and other areas of his body.
"Zashi what happened here?!" Aizawa cried, letting his usual tough, loner act drop. Hizashi grinned awkwardly.
"Well....I told my dad about...something...and he wasn't happy about it..." he mumbled a bit, his usual goofy smile starting to fade. Aizawa could feel the anger building up inside him.
"What was this something? Why would he do that?" Hizashi thought on how to put it.
"I told him..that I was gay and...I guess he said that wasn't okay...so now I have to change" he choked out. He smiled sadly.
"But it's no biggie, nothing much. I'll be outta than bandages soon and I can just tell him I'm joking! Simple!" Aizawa rubbed his temples in frustration. Hizashi's solutions to things were always so stupid. He huffed and pulled his best friend into a hug.
"Your dads a dick. He can't have you anymore, you're mine. From now on I'm going to look after you as often as I can. Okay?" Hizashi was shocked. He could feel his face heating up.
"Y-yeah, okay. I'm chill with that" Yamada thought for a bit.
"Is this your weird way of telling me you care?" He laughed. Aizawa's face reddened.
"I guess you could say that, but don't think anything of it!" Of course. He was staying stubborn as usual.
"Oh really? How do I know you don't liiiiike meeee?" Hizashi joked. Aizawa grinned like a dork and couldn't stop. Hizashi wasn't wrong.
"So what if I do?"
"H-huh?!" Now it was Hizashi's turn to be embarrassed "are you for r-real?!" Aizawa just smirked and began walking to class.
"H-Hey wait up!!"