一 (1)

Author's Perspective

At the kingdom of the Minatozaki's, there live a very beautiful, and kind-hearted but very stubborn princess, named Minatozaki Sana. Sana doesn't like the idea of having a knight behind or beside her wherever and whenever she go. That's why she always do what she can to make them quit or get fired, like bribing them money or framing them for something they really didn't do.

Sana's father, also known as the king of the kingdom, is very much displeased by his daughter's attitude, he's just doing this for the sake of his princess yet this thing just makes him wanted to give up and let his daughter chose things on her own free will. But, Sana's safety is always on his mind. So, he searched everywhere for a knight that will keep his promise and a person who is smart enough to not get fooled by her daughter's 'anticts'. Someone like, Kim Dahyun.

Kim Dahyun a cold and emotionless, lone-wolf but a very charming knight. He could actually be a prince if he wanted to, but he preferred to be just who he is right now. There was no time that this knight had broken one of his oaths, even for once, no matter how difficult it is for him. King Saitou, Sana's father, think, no, he knew that Dahyun is the perfect knight for his headstrong of a daughter. First of all, Dahyun doesn't care about money since his family has loads of it. Second, Sana can't frame Dahyun because that's just not him at all and he's too smart to do something foolish. King Saitou had already made up his mind, he's going to hire this so called 'charming' child as Sana's new knight. The king smirked internally.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
It was evening, the Minatozaki family, or only the king and his daughter, are both in the dining room, much to Sana's dismay since she already knew where this conversation is going.

"So my lovely daughter? How's your day today? Did you learn something about the kingdom that you and your future king will soon be the ruler of, my princess?" King Saitou asked his only child calmly but sweetly with a small smile on his still young and alluring face.

But Sana is not very pleased by his tone of voice. "Stop with that sweet tone and that smile, its making me sick, father. And I knew what will be the result of this dinner." The king was quite shocked at her voice filled with so much venom, but he expected her to turn out like this.

"Sana-chan, my daughter, I'm just doing this because I care for you. Can't you see that I'm trying to be a good father to you? I can't watch you everytime, everywhere, that's why I always worry for you. I can only calm down if you're with someone that I can trust, someone who can protect you at any cost." King Saitou tried to keep his self from raising his voice at his daughter.

"But, can't you see that I just wanted to be free? Without a stupid bodyguard watching me, its like having a creepy stalker watching your everyday routine, everytime and everywhere. Aren't you also the one who told me how a baka (idiot) of a knight they are for getting fooled for such a simple trick? So please father, I'm begging you, just stop this..." At this point, Sana wanted to let out the tears that she's been holding through her entire speech. The king sighed.

"You really got your stubbornes from your Okaa-san (Mother)." He thought as he recalled those memories when her wife, Sana's mother, was such a hardheaded woman, when she's still alive. The king smiled sadly.

"Alright, but I promised that this will be the last time that you'll ever had a knight. If, this knight will quit then you're free to do anything you wanted but, if this one will still stay as a knight for you for 5 months then I have no choice but to let him stay with you. But don't worry, he'll only lasts for you until 10 years." King Saitou told his daughter with a more genuine smile this time. Sana's face lit up for less than a second after hearing those words from her father. Sana got closer to her father and embraced him, letting all of the tears that she kept.

"Arigatou, Otou-san." (Thank you, father)

•-- • --•-- • --•-- • --•-- • --•-- • --•-- • --•-- • --•

To be continued...