十五 (15)

Continuation of chapter 八

Sana's POV

"What!?" I screamed at what my father had told me.

Me? In love with Sir Dahyun? No way!

"Based on what you've told me, you ARE in love with Sir Dahyun, my daughter..."

"B-But... how? We didn't even share something special for each other."

"So, him confronting me just to tell me to stop your marriage with prince Kim Taehyung means nothing?" Father looked at me seriously. "Look at my position in this kingdom. I'm the ruler of this place, so why would he build the courage just to speak to me so boldly? He wouldn't even bother to confront me if that was just nothing. He would just let you handle your problem if so." Explained father, he kept his hands behind his back while standing straight.

"Because he wanted to help people! That's the reason, right?" I told him.

"It is true that loves helping people, but, he wouldn't do that kind of thing to anyone, unless they're special to him." He told me once again. "Okay, why would he confront me if he doesn't even know the reason? You talked to him, right? That one's considered a special bond. You and Sir Dahyun didn't seem to be close but he conforted you when you really need someone to." With that being said, I was lost for words.

"I..."

"Now you see, my daughter? You two still shared a special bond, no matter how much you denied it."

"I-I'm going to take a rest, father. Thank you for your time." I was so lost for words that I just decided to walk out.

"Likewise, my daughter. Please think about what I've told you."

Sana didn't look back at her father and went straight out of the king's room.

"Special bond? Should I tell Sir Dahyun about this?"

Unconciously, Sana's feet dragged her in front of her knight's room, where he is currently taking a rest.

"Should I?"

Sana hesitated to knock but go in for it anyway. She's just very eager to know what is the answer to her question. But before she can knock, she heard the knight talking to himself. The door seemed to be open so she just took a peak inside, quietly so Dahyun wouldn't notice her.

"Why can't you seem to remember me, at all, Sana? I know that I just gave you my nickname but can you at least remember my face?" The princess outside seemed clueless at what the knight said. "Come on, princess. This is Dubu, your childhood bestfriend." Sana widened her eyes at what she heard from the said knight. A sudden memory flashed into her mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Hi there! My name is Sana! What about you?"

"I-I'm sorry, I can't give you my name. Papa told me to keep it a secret. But, you can call me Dubu!"

----------------------------------------------------------

"D-Dubu!?"

To be continued...