Chapter Four

Two days later Asa had finally opened her eyes, when she did everything was bright and pain exploded all over her body. She winced as a strangled cry came from her as she shifted ever so slightly. This caught Iruka's attention as his head shot up from the sleeping position to see Asa's eyes closed in pain.

"Hey, let me go get a medic. Your still injured," advised Iruka as he stood to his feet. The teen quickly walked from the room leaving Asa all alone as she opened her eyes again. She looked around to see that it had only been her and Iruka, she looked to see if Naruto was around but it didn't look that way. Asa sighed, she was hoping to see the blond boy, but she knew him seeing her like this wasn't good.

"Look who's awake. Let me get some medicine and then I'll do more healing on you," called the medical nin as she walked into the room. Asa just stared at the woman because moving in any way was hurting her. The medical nin took her silence as an okay and got to work.

It was silent in the room as the medical nin gave the girl pain medicine to make the pain ease so she could move a bit. Then the woman turned to Iruka with a smile.

"Do you mind leaving. I'll call you back in soon. But I need to removed her bandages. I think she would want the privacy," laughed the medical nin as she looked at the boy. Asa gave a weak smile to her friend as he nodded with a blush leaving the room.

"Thank you," Asa said to the woman. The medical nin just nodded her head and started the healing on her wounds.

A minute of silence passed when Asa had the courage to speak again, "Do you know how serever my wounds are?"

"There is a major gash in your abdomen, I can heal most of it today but the rest will have to be on your own healing. I'm only healing this enough so you will be able to move slightly without bleeding out. There are minor cut and bruises that we aren't worried about, those will heal on their own. Last a head injury, you'll have to live with someone for a little while. We want to make sure you'll make it okay then we will see if you can be on your own. But you will be a little light headed and have problems remembering something from the head injury, but its nothing major you will forget. Just maybe like where you put something or where everything is," explained the medical nin. It was a lot to take in for the girl, her head started to swim and hurt at thinking of all of this.

"Thank you. Will I be able to leave today?" Asa questioned again.

"Yes. Once I'm done I'll have the boy go and sign you out," the woman answered.

***
Asa was surprised to be told that she had gotten a bigger place, plus her best friend was living with her. When she heard that a blush crept onto the girls face. Her crush living with her, she couldn't believe it. The house that they arrived at looked familiar in some way. Asa knew she had seen it somewhere before, then it hit her. Emiko lived right next door.

"Iruka can we stop at the neighbors? Emiko lives next door and I want to have her over," the girl told Iruka. He smiled at Asa as they moved over to the next house, her walking slowly as Iruka held a hand behind the girl. They stood in front of the door as Iruka knocked for Asa, she was still a little sore from everything.

Emiko opened her door to see her best friend standing there. Tears welled in the red heads eyes as she walked over to her blond friend and embraced her in a hug. The girl started to cry which saddened Asa as tears welled in her eyes. Iruka stared at the two cry girls in front of him, seeing just how much Asa getting attacked had affected the group of friends.

After another minute of the girls crying had started to die down. Iruka had told the girls to go over to the new house, so the three walked from Emiko's to the new house the Iruka and Asa now resided in. They walked in to see Kakashi and Naruto playing on the floor. Asa smiled big at the little boy, it only took Naruto a minute to see that his aunt was standing in the room with a big smile on her face.

The boy got up and ran from his spot and over to her, Asa bent down and picked up the boy. Only then for her head to feel as if it was spinning, she started to sway as her grip on Naruto loosened. Iruka saw this and ran to her side, picking her up just before she fell. He held onto the girl as she gripped Naruto tighter and her head stopped his spinning. All eyes were on her as everyone saw the scene.

Asa looked around at everyone to see they were all still staring. She stayed quiet, not knowing what to say or to do. The medical nin had warned her about this, she knew it would happen.

"So this uh... This will be normal for a while guys..." Asa trailed off as she looked at the boy in her arms. Naruto looked at her with his big blue eyes, worry was seen in them. She then looked up at Iruka who held the same worry in his dark orbs. Iruka walked towards the couch and set the girl down, Naruto jumped from her lap and ran over to Kakashi once more to play after the incident was over with. Emiko sat down next to her friend as Iruka went into the kitchen claiming to being cooking dinner.

As the girls talked and the two boys sat on the floor playing, Iruka looked back at everyone with a smile, he enjoyed moments like theses with friends. The teen walked into the kitchen to cook dinner like he said. Asa look back towards the entrance to the kitchen to see Iruka cooking. Thoughts of him invaded her mind as she kept staring.

A smirk crossed Emiko's face as she saw the blush on Asa's face, the girl tapped Kakashi's shoulder because he sat closer to Emiko on the floor. The boy looked up at Asa's friend to see her smile and pointed to the girl beside her. Kakashi looked over to the blond girl to see her red face that looked like Emiko's hair. He smiled beneath his mask at his friend, he knew who she was looking at.

"So Asa, how is your crush going?" laughed Emiko as the red on Asa's face grew more. Asa choked on her salvia as she looked to her friend to see Emiko's face smirking. Asa sighed out, looking down to hide the red on her face.

"Dinner's done!" shouted Iruka from the kitchen. Asa thanked god for him because if she had to answer when Emiko's prodding eyes were staring her down. The girl got up quickly, causing her abdomen to ache but she pushed through it and walked into the kitchen and away from her friend who still held a smirk. This was not going to end for the girl.