2.1: Brotherly Love

Henley's P.O.V

It's been a month since New Years. February is here and I haven't went back to school. I dunno if I should thank my parents for not caring, or hating them for not caring. Either way, I pretty much moved in with Steven and Duff. Most nights when they go out, I decide to stay in. I'm more of a homebody and prefer to stay home.

Duff and I have had a lot of sex since we did it for the first time. He seems to be happy that I'm getting more comfortable with it. I was still scared to do it a few times, but he got me over the stupid fear.

I lay on Duff's bed, staring up at the ceiling. I finger the necklace he gave me. I run my thumb over the key. I smile, remembering that I've been with the tall blonde for over three months. That's longer than I thought he'd put up with me.

I look over at the sleeping man beside me. His entire body faces me. I turn towards him as well, taking the time to admire him. His face is so calm. There's no trace of the constant drinking he does. No trace of the panic attacks that haunt him. No trace of the stress that not being able to find a band to work in.

"Move to Los Angeles. You're bound to find a band there," I had told him.

Duff shook his head. "I don't want to leave you."

"I'll go with you."

"We won't have anywhere to live," Duff argued.

I giggled at him, tucking a piece of stray hair behind his ear. "I don't care where we are as long as we're together." I paused for a moment. "And you forget I have connections down there."

Duff thought over it for a while before he spoke again. "I'll think about it."

Ever since then I've been prepared to pack my things and call Tommy or one of the guys. Duff just laughed at me and thought I was getting ahead of myself, but I didn't care. I'm fully prepared to go back to the City of Angels. I've missed it so much.

I run my hand up and down Duff's bare arm. He twitches a little bit, but doesn't wake up. I move my hand up to his hair and run my fingers through it. He smiles a little. That's a tell tale sign he's awake now.

"Like what you see?" Duff asks, his voice low and husky. Damn, that's sexy.

"Mhm," I hum, grinning. His eyes open a little bit. "I like it a lot."

Duff just grins. He makes me roll onto my back. He then lays between my legs, resting his head on my chest. He wraps his arms around my waist the best he can.

I giggle, running my fingers through his hair. "Comfortable?"

"Very." His voice is muffled by my chest. I run one hand up and down his back while the other stays intertwined in his hair. "You're gonna make me fall asleep again."

"Isn't that what you want to do?"

He shakes his head, moving my body with his movements. "I want to stay in this moment for a while."

"My poor baby," I coo, a grin on my face. "Can't stay awake."

He doesn't respond, instead he moves his head so that he can look up at me. "What's got you awake?"

I shrug. "I just couldn't sleep. It happens sometimes, then my mind just runs rampant."

"You sound so smart," Duff says, laying his head back down on my chest. "And I could've wore you out."

I roll my eyes, hitting his leg with mine. He chuckles, cuddling further into me. "Can I say something that's probably the worst thing to say?"

Duff sighs, but then says, "Yes."

"How long do you think it will be before something goes wrong?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He asks, lifting his head to look into my eyes.

"I mean, how long before we have an explosive argument, or you get bored of me, or you find someone better, or-."

I'm cut off by Duff leaning up and planting a kiss on my lips. He pulls away with a sad look on his face. "None of that will happen. You're my one and only, Henley. And I-I love you too much to even think about hurting you."

My eyes widen. "You what?"

"I love you, Henley. I love you so much. I pretty much fell in love with you the first time I laid my eyes on you," Duff says.

I grin, feeling happiness spread throughout my body. So he felt it too. "I love you too, Duff. I've loved you for a long time."

Duff's eyes light up with happiness. "Thank God."

He leans in and kisses me multiple times, then all over my face. I just giggle, taking all of the sweet kisses.

Duff's door then swings open. We look over to see who's coming in. I giggle to see a tired looking Steven.

"Guys," He whines. "I can't sleep."

"Neither can we," I respond.

Duff then rolls off of me. Steven walks over after closing the door, and climbs into the bed with us. Sometimes he reminds me of a child. An adorable one, though. I don't feel uncomfortable laying in between Duff and Steven. In fact, I feel safe.

"Goodnight, guys," Steven sighs, turning over to lay on his stomach.

I giggle, copying Steven's actions. I sleep my best when I'm laying on my stomach. "Goodnight, Steven." I turn my head towards Duff's direction. He's practically glaring at Steven. I kick him, which grabs his attention. "Stop," I mouth.

Duff smiles at me, wrapping his arm around my back and pulling himself closer to me. He lays his head on my back. It's like he's trying to lay on top of me. I shake my head the best I can, then close my eyes. I let sleep overwhelm me, along with the steady breathing of Duff and Steven.

"I love you," Duff says tiredly.

Before I can respond, Steven answers. "I love you too."

"Shut up, Steven," Duff grumbles.

I giggle at them. "I love you too, Duff."

"What about me?" Stevie asks.

I smile. "I love you too, Steven."

"Yes!" He cheers.

"Stevie, if you don't quit hitting on my girlfriend, I will kick you out of this apartment."

"Sure you will."

"I sure as hell wi-."

"Shut up, both of you!" I exclaim, laughing. "Now goodnight."

"You won't," Stevie whispers loudly.

"Stevie," I say in a warning tone.

"Sorry."