0.2: Hope

Henley's P.O.V

I stare into the mirror as I carefully apply the lipstick. I wasn't going to dress up tonight, but Madeline insisted that I did. She said that tonight is going to be a great night. I do not believe her at all. I think it's just going to be a night like any other.

Our nights always go like this:

Madeline shows up at my house around seven. My parents under the impression that she's staying the night. We spend the next three hours getting ready, even though it only takes me thirty minutes. Madeline isn't the girly type, but when we go out, she dresses to the nines. At around nine we climb out the window and into the dark night. We walk to Sasha's bar which is only a few miles away. We arrive at the back door of the bar. One of the bartenders, Sebastian lets us in. He mixes us some strong drinks. We make our way to the dance floor and dance the entire night away. When we're done, we go back to my place, sleep off the alcohol in our systems, then meet up with Jake and Eva at her place the next day. I highly doubt tonight is going to be any different.

I take a step back from the mirror so that I can see how I look. I'm wearing a ripped up Rolling Stones shirt that cuts off at my belly button. You can clearly see the black lacy bra I'm wearing underneath. Madeline managed to coax me into wearing one of her leather skirts. I paired it with some fishnets. To finish the look off, I'm wearing my doc martins. I will never wear heels. They hurt too much.

Madeline is sitting on my bed, flipping through some teen magazine. She squeals as she stops on an article about none other than Motley Crue.

"Oh my God!," She yells. "Tommy and Nikki are so hot!"

I smile at her. Little does she or the media know, Nikki has a girlfriend named Angel. Nikki's been able to keep their relationship under wraps for a while now, but it's just a matter of time before they're spotted together.

"Don't you think they're hot?" She asks, shoving the magazine in my face.

I laugh, pushing the magazine away from me. "Yes they are."

Madeline is about to start reading the article when the phone in my room rings. My parents let me get my own phone installed in my room so that they wouldn't have to listen to me talk to Athena and Tommy all the time.

I know exactly who's calling so I try to pick it up, but Madeline is faster.

"Hello?" There's silence as she listens to either Tommy or Athena. "Yeah sure, she's right here."

She hands me the phone, a content smile on her face as she goes back to reading the magazine.

"Hello?"

"Hey you!" Athena says, sounding giddy.

I laugh. "What are you so happy about?"

"Weell," She says. Oh no. She has something evil planned. "I may or may not have called Tommy."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Okay, you called your brother. You two barely talk anyway. What's got you so happy?"

"We decided that in a few months we're gonna drive up to see you!"

If I was drinking something, I would've spit it out all over Madeline. "Seriously?" I ask, my voice going two octaves higher.

"Yep! We've missed our best friend!"

"Do you guys know when yet?" I ask. How the hell am I gonna keep it from everyone that a rockstar and his sister is going to be in town to see me?

"Not yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we know!"

I laugh, feeling really happy. I haven't seen them in so long. I miss them.

"Henley, we need to go," Mads says, looking at the clock on the wall.

"I gotta go, Thena," I say. "I'll talk to you later."

"What're you gonna do? Go have some wild sex?"

I snort. "That's the last thing I'll do. You know me better than that."

"Love you, Henny."

I roll my eyes at the stupid nickname. "Love you too."

I hang up the phone, feeling one hundred times better. I can't wait to see them. I'd rather I go visit them in L.A, but this works too.

"Who was that?" Madeline asks, getting up to make sure she still looked good.

She's wearing a very low cut black shirt that shows off an excessive amount of cleavage. She wears a leather skirt as well, only no fishnets. Her heels are so high I think she's gonna break her neck by taking one step. She applies another layer of lipstick, smiling at herself. It's no secret that Madeline Love is gorgeous. Surprisingly, she's really not that vain.

"My best friend from Los Angeles," I respond, opening the window for us to crawl through. "You ready?"

"Hell yeah! I'd like to hook up with some cute guy tonight," She giggles, walking over to my door and locking it.

I laugh. "Of course you do."

"I think it's time for you to get laid," Madeline says, already out the window and on the tree.

I sigh. I'm still a virgin. I'm saving myself for someone who actually loves me. I almost did it with Tommy last year when he came home, but we got interrupted. That's probably for the best anyways.

"I don't think it is," I answer, crawling through the window as well.

We make it down onto the grass safely and we start to walk towards the bar.

"I think you're gonna meet someone tonight," She says happily, linking her arm through mine.

I sigh, not wanting to argue. "I might."

I doubt that I will meet someone, but I can't help but notice the sliver of hope that I feel.