1.2: Hotel

Henley's P.O.V

I can't keep the smile off of my face. Duff asked me to meet him at this hotel. He said he had a surprise for me. My mind is whirling with what he could possibly have planned. After our kiss a few weeks ago, Duff's been treating me like his girlfriend. He's been taking me nearly everywhere with him, stealing kisses when Madeline and Stevie aren't looking. Almost like we're in a secret relationship.

Are we even in a relationship? I mean, it was only one kiss. Surely that doesn't sign me up to be his girlfriend, right? There's nothing wrong with being his girlfriend, it's just I've never been with someone before. I wouldn't know how to act.

I look up at the lavish hotel in front me. How the hell could he afford this? He can't even afford to live in that shitty apartment. I really hope he didn't spend all his money on me. I'd rather him have a roof over his head than to spend money on me for no real reason.

I walk in, my eyes instantly searching around for the tall blonde. I grin as I spot him facing away from me. He turns around, leaning against the front desk. A cigarette is lit in his hand. He takes a drag as he looks around. I can't help but notice how good he looks. He's wearing a white blazer with a shirt underneath. I can't tell what it is because of how many buttons he has undone. The blazer covers it. I can just barely make out his padlock necklace and a few of the others he wears. He also has on his classic leather pants with some boots.

In short, he looks hot.

I bite my lip and walk up to him.

"Waiting for someone?" I ask, a teasing tone in my voice.

Duff turns his head, a huge smile lighting up his features. "Yeah, have you seen her around?"

"Hmm. . .," I hum, pretending to think. "What does she look like?"

"Well for one, super short." I giggle at that. "She's got this really pretty dark brown hair color and the clearest blue eyes. She should be wearing a dress that fits her perfectly. She's the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen."

I blush at his description. Does he really think that way about me? "Yeah, I definitely haven't seen anyone like that."

Duff pulls me into his arms, wrapping me tightly against him. I look up at him, a smile on my face. "I have," He says, kissing me softly. I smile into the kiss. I love the vanilla, cigarettes, and vodka smell that envelopes me. "And she's standing right here in my arms."

I roll my eyes, moving my arms to wrap around his neck. "You are so cheesy."

He laughs, trying to pull me closer to him. "I know, but isn't that what you like about me?"

I nod. I push up on my toes so that I can kiss him again. His soft lips touch mine and I can't help but let out a sigh. He's so careful with me. Almost as if he's scared to be too rough with me. That I'll break if he applies too much pressure.

I pull back, grinning at him. Duff has this almost dreamy look on his face.

"So," I say. "What are we doing here?"

Duff tightens his grip on my hips. "I just wanted to do something special for you," He shrugs. "It's not like I can afford to take you on a huge trip or anything like I want to." He pauses. "And Christmas is, like, two days from now."

"Duff, how much did it cost you to do this?"

"Half of what I owe for rent," He responds. I open my mouth to protest, but Duff just holds his hand up to silence me. "Don't worry about it. I'm gonna ask for an advance at work. Believe it or not, I work hard and my boss likes me. I'm sure he won't mind."

I'm glad he likes his new job. I narrow my eyes at him. "If you can't meet your half of the rent, you tell me. I'll gladly pay for it. And don't think I won't find out because I'll just ask Stevie."

"Henley," Duff whines, looking put out.

"I don't want to hear it!" I say. "So, let's get the night you planned started, shall we?"

Duff grins at me, removing himself from me. He grabs my hand with a grin on his face. He leads me to the elevator. We get into it. Once Duff knows that no one else will be joining us on this short trip, he grabs me by the hips and pulls me as close as he can to his body. His lips crash onto mine without warning. I kiss him back, trying my best not to smile. I gasp when his hands travel down to squeeze my ass. He takes this opportunity to shove his tongue into my mouth. Our kiss is full of passion. It feels as if we're in our own little world. Without us realizing it, the elevator stops at what I'm guessing is our floor. I hear someone clear their throat.

Duff and I instantly pull away, looking for whoever made the noise. I blush as I see that it's an old elderly couple that look mortified. Duff grabs my hand, pulling me past the couple.

"Don't act like you guys never made out before," Duff scoffs. My eyes widen and I slap his arm. "What? I'm tired of older people actin' like it's against human nature to kiss or some shit."

"But you shouldn't say anything!"

Duff laughs, kissing my temple as he pulls me into his side. "You're way too polite."

I smile, looking down at my shoes. "I agree. I think I should be meaner."

"Hmm," Duff hums. "I think we should work on that."