Happy Birthday Alex!

Piper had made sure that her wife had early dinner and she slept on time. Piper made sure that her wife was fast asleep and slipped out of their bed to make prepare for the midnight celebration for her wife's birthday. Last four years, they could not celebrate each other's birthdays or anniversaries together and Piper had made a rule to celebrate every life event they shared together. Exactly at 12, midnight Piper came back to their bedroom, to wake up her wife.

Piper: "Alex, wake up babe. Its your birthday."

Alex just smiled and changed her position and planted her face on the pillow, speaking inaudibly. Piper slowly pulled down the duvet and pulled away the hair and planted soft kisses on her nape, moving upto her to neck. This worked like always.

Alex: "Pipes...what do you want?" she said groggily and turned around in her sleep to face her wife.

Piper: "Happy birthday wifey!"

Alex pulled her closer to kiss her wife.

Piper: "Get up, I have something for you."

Piper held out her had for Alex and she gladly grabbed it. Piper gave Alex her glasses. Her wife was practically blind without them, plus she looked sexy in those. Piper led her wife to their small terrace, which was illuminated with small candles, a small table and two small cakes.

Alex stopped walking and took in her surroundings. Piper pulled her towards the table.

Alex: "When did you do all this?"

Piper: "When you were merrily sleeping babe, the reason I made early dinner and put you to sleep."

Alex buried herself in her wife's arms. Piper tightened her grip on her wife and they stayed like that for a few moments. Alex broke the hug and excitedly went to the table where her birthday cake was waiting for her.

Alex: "Why do we have two cakes? Wait is it a lasagna cake?" she said almost tearing up.

Piper went closer to her and cupped her face. She slowly wiped her tears away and stroked her wife's cheek.

Piper: "I called your aunt to ask what did your mum do when you were a kid. She told me the story of lasagna cake. How the day before your birthday, Diane forgot to buy cake for you, and there was leftover lasagna in the house. She topped the lasagna with more cheese and now I get your obsession for cheese. And that became a tradition for every birthday after that. I thought it will make you happy babe."

Alex was in awe of what her wife did for her. Alex pulled her wife in a bone crushing hug. She broke the hug and took her lips in a passionate kiss, slowly easing them open as they both drowned themselves in each other, their tongues fiercely battling, their love shining through. They parted to breathe, staying in the embrace, feeling the emotions running high in their hearts.