London Diaries!

As Alex was about to disembark the aircraft when she finally landed in London her phone buzzed to life after she switched off the airplane mode. There were a ton of messages from her wife, plus a cute image of her wife and Diane sleeping, cuddling together with Jr. sleeping on the other side of Diane, his paw gently resting on Diane's tiny arm. She finally unlocked her smartphone to read them one by one.

"Call me as soon as you reach."

"Hope you reached by now."

"Even if you are too tired, just drop a message."

"Geez, did you reach Alex. Fucking reply!"

Alex was really tired. But the messages would not stop.

Alex: "Patience Pipes! Patience."

The other company's representatives were already waiting for her at the airport. Alex finished the formalities and was eventually taken to her hotel, her home for the next week. She was supposed to be working from 9 am everyday till almost 6 pm. She wanted to just go to the hotel room, take a shower and collapse in the bed. Her sleeping cycle was disturbed due to time difference plus she had predicted long working hours every day. Alex quickly settles into her new room and unpacks her luggage to find something that takes her by surprise.

A family portrait, the one they had clicked two weeks ago, when their baby daughter turned 11 months old. It was a hard to keep her and Jr. still together for one frame at least. It was like Diane and Jr. were playing tag team. If he moved, she would be still and vice versa. For a photo that should have lasted a minute, going by the professionals timing, it had taken them over an hour to get it the way her wife envisioned. There was also an old sweatshirt of Piper that was actually Alex's but Piper loved it and would always wear it. Alex smiled and teared up a bit because she was badly missing her family and most importantly her wife. Alex was about to search for her favourite pair of pyjamas when she found a brown envelope addressed to her. Alex opened it and out fell small strips of colourful paper, with something written on them. Piper had done what she had done years ago, she had sent Alex the same notes, "reasons why I love you!". All Alex could do was smile to herself and thank her stars for giving her Piper.

As soon as she read the first reason, her entire stress, her jet lag flew out of the window and she immediately dialed her wife's phone.

Alex: "Hello babe!"

Piper: "Alex! You reached safely. Thank god. How many times did I call you. Did you get my messages?"

Alex: "Slow down babe! Yes, I reached safely and just came to the hotel like 10 minutes ago."

Piper: "Great! Want to thank me for something?"

Alex could imagine her wife smirking in her trademark style, trying to perfect the Vause smirk.