Motherhood- Childhood

It was lazy Sunday morning when Alex and Piper were in bed, their body entangled. Piper glanced at Alex and knew this was the best time to actually have the talk, she had been putting off for some time now. It had been almost two months since her wife came back home, finally free from that shit hole. Though she was mad at Alex for naming her, she was glad today. Somewhere in that all pain, hurt and angst, she had found her love, her true self and figured that she belonged to Alex. They were slowly getting back their stability, with even Alex finding work, a legal one though. They had saved enough money for their small wedding, which would be soon. Her wife had granted her, the prison wedding wish and now she wanted a small, close-knit family wedding that Alex dreamed of.

Piper somehow loosened the grip of Alex's arms and slid out of bed. She sat at the corner of bed, admiring her soon to be legally wedded wife. She covered her wife with the duvet which was probably thrown on the floor of their crazy love making night. Alex smiled in her sleep, thanking Piper probably for draping her in the soft duvet, it was a bit cold in the morning hours.

When Piper returned from the kitchen with two cups of coffee, she saw Alex stretching her arms and yawning in the most adorable way. She spread her arms for me.

Alex: "Come here. I missed you when I was sleeping."

Piper: "No. I missed you."

Piper placed the coffee cups on their nightstand before she sat on Alex's lap and the wife engulfed her.

Alex: "You were mumbling in your sleep..."

Piper: "I was...?"

Alex: "Yes, something about kids on the beach..."

Piper was lost. Had she thought about a family with Alex too much that she even dreamt about it.

Alex: "Pipes, we do not have kids...are you okay?"

Piper: "Would you like to have kids? In future? Do you ever want a family with me? Because after spending so many years apart, I have kept that dream alive. I want a family Al, and I want at least two, a boy and a girl."

Alex was certainly shocked to say the least. She nearly choked. Piper wanted kids, a family. Piper looked upto meet Alex's eyes and try to find some answers. All she got in return was blankness. Alex sensed that her dimpled wife was expecting answers.

Piper slowly pulled away from her arms and got up. She sat at a distance from Alex.

Piper: "I guess I got my answers. You don't want a family. I am okay with it. I still have you, but it would have been a delight to have a family with you..." she said in almost a defeated tone.

Alex: "It's not that I don't want a family with you...its just that..."