INEVITABLE CHAOS

It was the day

It was the day. The day all of Alya and Nino's crazy plans would start working in motion. And best of all, they'd be able to just sit back and watch the world burn, both of them reveling in the inevitable chaos caused by none other than themselves.

Causing chaos in your friends' lives are, after all, signs that you really are the greatest friend they could ever possibly ask for. And that statement was, to be honest, a weird mixture of both sarcasm and honesty.

Marinette was, as usual, late. Adrien, on the other hand, came as early as possible and sat in the first bench. Yet another one of their many differences...

"Hey, Mari, can I sit next to Nino today?" Alya asked Marinette. Completely unaware that behind this was an ulterior motive, Marinette agreed.

Alya got up from the last bench, trying to hide the triumphant smirk making its way up her lips and walked up to the front of the class.

"Nino, lets sit together" she said, winking at her boyfriend. He immediately understood her agenda and looked at Adrien, who was sitting next to him and staring at him in confusion.

"You don't mind, right?" Nino asked his best friend, who sighed and walked out of their bench with his bag slung across his shoulder.

"Whatever" he mumbled. Adrien was clearly a bit irritated, but that slight bit of irritation was nothing against what followed when he saw who he was going to have to sit next to now.

"FUCK NO!" he yelled out loud "Nino! I am NOT sitting next to this--this--" He paused, obviously thinking of a word bad enough to throw at Marinette, who was equally annoyed by this whole situation, but less vocal about it.

"Agreste, if you want to give someone your crap, then please go to the bathroom or something" Marinette said haughtily "But then again, even the poor toilet would get sick of you and your bullshit, just like everybody else is"

"Quit being a brat" Adrien snapped "And get a life!"

"Tell that to the mirror in your room" came Mari's cold reply.

Before Adrien could make any reply, Ms.Bustier walked into the class and told everyone to quietly go to their seats. When everyone did so, Ms.Bustier started the roll-call.

Seeing as Ms.Bustier was busy with calling everyone's names, Adrien took the opportunity to fire some insult at Marinette.

"Psycho bitch" he whispered in her ear. Marinette shot him a glare.

"Stop talking to me, you stupid fuckboy" she spat venomously "You're giving me a migraine. I need to concentrate now!"

Adrien glared at her. He hated her so much...

"Well, your very existence gives everybody migraines! Do even have any idea how annoying everyone thinks you are!?" he exclaimed, losing his temper. Marinette's lips pursed. She gave no reply to him, just looked away.

"So you don't know then, do you!? Then let me tell you, everybody hates you! They think you're nothing but a selfish, man-hating, stuck up--" Adrien continued, only to be interrupted.

"I know!" came Marinette's heated reply. Adrien was surprised to see the slightest hint of emotion in her usually cool-blue eyes. By now, the entire class was staring at them.

"I already know and I don't need you of all people telling me!" she yelled "Everyone hates me but let me tell you this, I don't care! I hate them too! I hate everyone! I hate everything! I--"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Ms.Bustier snapped, banging her desk with her hands. Everyone fell silent.

"That's better" she said, crossing her arms "Both of you, please! Control your tempers! You're disrupting the entire class!"

Neither of them said anything. For a moment, the entire class was quiet. And then, when no one expected it, Adrien spoke.

"I'm sorry" he said sincerely. Marinette looked at him, dumbstruck. Everyone knew that Adrien Agreste never apologized to anyone. And yet, there he was, apologizing to the girl he hated the most in the entire school, ducking his head in an uncharacteristic display of remorse.

"I'm sorry too" came Marinette's quiet reply. Adrien stared at Marinette, she boldly stared back.

"Very good, you two!" said Ms.Bustier unexpectedly, clapping her hands together. The two smiled awkwardly at her.

"Also" she continued, smiling back at them "I want you to know that I've made a decision. Since, Adrien is lagging behind in his schoolwork, whilst Marinette is doing exceedingly well, I think its only fair if I had the two of you work together"

They both fell silent again. This time, it was Marinette who broke the silence.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked nervously.

"I mean that you're going to have to be his tutor" she said "Starting from today"

"WHAT!?" both Adrien and Marinette asked in unison.

Today couldn't have been worse, they thought.

Meanwhile, in the front of the class, Alya and Nino had extreme difficulty hiding their amusement and excitement.

They grinned at each other, thinking, today couldn't have been better.....