Coachwhip's Ghost I

Narrator: Aurora Matthews/ Stormy Weather

Chapter 23

I was the second one up that morning. The first one was the cat who arched his back and yowled. I knew he wanted food and I got the meow mix ready. After getting the cat's food, it was time to wake up Druman.

I quickly put on my work uniform and combed my hair into twin tails. When I quietly approached Druman, he was sleep talking. He seemed to be in pain, so I woke him up.

"What is it, Aurora?" he groaned.

"Are you okay?" I asked, "you were in pain."

"I'm okay" he grunted, "I can't wait to see your job!"

"Yeah," I said "about that... "

It was time to break Druman's heart. I had decided not to take him to work due to the news. I told him and his response was surprising.

"That's cool," he told me.

My jaw nearly dropped when Druman said that. I thought he would try to put up a fight. To keep him busy, I gave Druman a copy of some villain notes to study. He would be so busy sorting through that I could go to work. It would give me time to formulate a plan for tonight.

"Have fun while I do my job!" I told him "I also created an account for you on the computer."

I walked out of the apartment and locked the door behind me. I just hoped things wouldn't get too crazy...