Arclight

Present Day

Narrator: Aurora Matthews/ Stormy Weather

Chapter 42

I was the only one listening by the end of her story. Susie had powered down while the boys had fallen asleep. The only person that maintained consciousness was Blair. She hissed like a cat when Charlotte was finished.

"What was that for?!" Charlotte asked her.

"For leaving me in the dark!" Blair responded.

"I'm sorry for being a bad sister," Charlotte said in a scared tone.

"You leave me alone for at least a decade and that's all you can say?!" Blair said as she continued to verbally attack her sister.

Just when I had enough, Mebd burst into the Pizzeria. Her expression was that of someone in crisis. Mebd stopped when she saw all of us assembled there. Her shock doubled then and there.

"Blair!" she gasped.

"Hi, Mebd," Blair said awkwardly.

"Cutie, you came back!" Mebd said with glee.

"Of course I did, You're my favorite person!" she told Mebd begrudgingly.

"You're lying," Mebd told her.

"I know," Blair muttered.

"Mebd, why did you come here?" Charlotte interrupted.

"Henry got captured!" she told everyone.

"Great, now we have to save dear old dad..." Blair muttered.

"Who was the culprit, was it Colonel Mustard with the dagger?" she added.

"The perp actually left a ransom note," Mebd told me.

The note read:

Hello idiots,

I've taken Henry hostage.

If you want him back, meet me at Coney Island.

Also, Aurora if you're reading this... prepare for a major ass-whooping!

Signed,

Arclight

After reading the note out loud, I was super confused.

"Jackhammer, do you know someone named Arclight?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's the wife of Maniac, my mentor and coworker," he responded.

"Could you describe her?" Charlotte said.

"She has dark blue hair in a bob and a wicked smirk," Jackhammer said.

"Mirelle, that dirty traitor!" Blair spouted like a sailor.

"Look who's talking," I murmured.

Before tensions could flair again, Susie piped up.

"Charlotte, did you make the Nightmare Chica body as I asked?" she asked.

Charlotte nodded and Susie seemed to smile.

"Also, don't use Nightmarrione, Charlotte," Susie added.

"Why?" Charlotte asked.

"I want this to be a stealth mission!" Susie told her.

Charlotte understood what she said and told us she would meet up with everyone to get something. I had a good idea of what it was. Susie also told Mebd to call her military friend and inform her before coming. Mebd agreed to do just that as we began heading to the unknown battle...