15

Sonic's POV:

I tensed up when I heard Rouge tell Mileena what happened.

"Don't worry about it, Sonic. Everything will be fine," Shadow whispered in my ear. He lifted my head to look him in the eyes.

"You trust me right?" I nodded my head.

"Of course,"

"Then why are you so tense? You know I'll protect you,"

"I know. I just can't help it. After seeing what she did to you a couple of days ago…I'm just scared," I tell him. He holds me closer and eventually pulls me into his lap. My head rests on his shoulder and his jaw rests against my forehead.

"Don't worry about it, Sonic. I won't let him get to you or the babies," He whispered to me as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

After 20 more minutes of driving, Knuckles pulled up to a big house, almost like a mansion, and we all got out of the car. Shadow wrapped an arm around my shoulders and drew me close to him.

"Geez, Shadow. If you want him so close to you, why don't you carry him?" Rouge joked as we walked up the walkway to the door. Shadow stopped walking and smiled.

"You know what, that's not a bad idea," The next thing I know, I'm lifted off the ground and into a pair of strong arms. I turn my head to see Shadow smirking.

"Really? You couldn't let me walk?" I asked him as he started walking again.

"Nope. I never want you to leave my sight. Plus, it's cold and your body is freezing, So I'm using my body heat to warm you up," He answered. Normally, I'd argue with him until he puts me down, but I'm just so tired that I don't give a fuck if he carries me. I sigh, wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head down on his shoulder. When we're finally in front of the door, it was a hell of a long walkway, Rouge turns around to Shadow.

"Where's your key?" She asked him.

"I don't have mine! I just grabbed my car keys! I thought you had yours! Isn't there one under the mat?" He answered.

Rouge sighed, "That was my key! Ugh, hold on," She takes out a bobby pin that was holding her hair in a bun and got on her knees to face the doorknob.

"Shay…what are you doing?" Knuckles asked her.

"Picking a lock,"

"But, those locks aren't able to pick. They're made specifically that nothing thin and pointy could-,"

"Got it!" Rouge said as she opened the door. She turned to Knuckles.

"Never underestimate my mad skills, babe," She smirked and walked in. We all walked in the house and Shadow kicked the door shut.

"Shadow, you can put me down now," I tell him as he walks toward the staircase.

"Nope. I won't put you down until we get to the bedroom," He said walking up the stairs.

Once up the stairs, he turns down to another hallway and then another one until he stopped in front of two huge French doors. He set me down and opened the doors. The room is HUGE! It's better than any hotel room I've ever been in! Not that I've been in a lot. Shadow closed the door.

Behind the bed, were four huge windows that took the place of a wall. On one side of the room, there was a marble fireplace and on top of that was a flat screen TV. On the other side of the room, there was a little dining table and a balcony. The bed was covered with white, pink, and red rose petals. I turn my head to Shadow.

"Shadow…what is all this?"

"I planned to bring you here for the weekend. It was supposed to be a getaway, but I had to get you out of the house tonight and this was the only place I could think of," He answered.